WTS predicts its own demise in 11/15 Watchtower

by Stealth 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Gozz
    Gozz

Unbaptised, don't ever fall (again!) for that cleansing-of-Jehovah's-house line. It's been used before - have you got to the 1919 story in your study? What the WT is facing is a consequence of its hypocricy. And if you still think Jehovah's been dwelling since anytime, read the history of the Tower again. Not good to be blaspheming Jehovah's name, that he would've been dwelling in that house of deceit for so long, not good.

Anglise, even if there's s troll, at least it was scrutinized by GB members, who are under the DIRECT influence of the holy spirit. You forget, it's real food, plus meat, at the proper time. And know that the brothers 're going to be happy about how timely the article is.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Interesting stuff folks. What strikes me is all the references to "losing friends." They dont think about anyones friends when the cut people off by DFing and shunning.

Boozy

• Farkel
    Farkel

Seeker is right. I will add that there is normally a SEVEN month lead-time before an article gets into the magazines. This is due to the huge amount of logistics involved in getting an article translated into all of those zillions of languages and proof-reading the translations, among other things.

I've heard that even in a major emergency, it takes about 3 or 4 months to get an article rushed into print, and that rarely happens.

The society deals with emergencies through assemblies, COs and BOE letters.

One issue that needs to be mentioned is that I'm convinced that many WTS leaders just do not see themselves as hypocrites. When people are convinced they speak and act for God, then they can easily be convinced that everything they do and say cannot be anything but right. This, despite the fact that any objective individuals not in that mindset can see the hypocrisy without even having to think about it.

We've just seen evidence that dubs are excusing the Society's involvement in the UN as "no big deal," despite the reams of bile they've heaped on the UN over the last half-century. When you have idiots like that as followers, you can get away with just about anything.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• treeny
    treeny

Hi Jourles, They will probably downplay the hypocrisy to an individual level, and not towards the org. That is what they have always done in the past. For example people who are leading double lives,or mixing with apostates on the net. When ever wrongdoing is exposed, and brought to their attention they make sure they counsel everyone not to blame the organization, but that it is a select few who are hypocrites. They will figure out a way to cover it. [8>] I'm sure their lawyers are scurrying about on how to handle it. Take care.
    treeny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit