WTS predicts its own demise in 11/15 Watchtower

by Stealth 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

The second study article of the November 15, 2001 Watchtower is entitled “Jehovah is our refuge”. On page 19 under the subheading
    “No Calamity will Befall Us” in paragraph 14 the following is stated:

14 Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter 2:11) ‘Not even a plague draws near their tent.’ Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion,and worship of “the wild beast” and its “image,” the United Nations. bold mine.

In the very next article entitled “How Do You Handle Hypocrisy?” the following is stated on page 23:

Hypocrisy, on the other hand, will ultimately prove death-dealing to those who practice it. In the end, hypocrisy will be openly exposed. “There is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered,” said Jesus Christ, “and secret that will not become known.” (Matthew 10:26; Luke 12:2) Wise King Solomon declared: “The true God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.” Ecclesiastes 12:14. – bold mine

So there you have it. The WTS has prophesied their own ‘death-dealing’ blow when they are exposed and their hidden works have been revealed.

By exposing this hypocrisy on the part of the WTS we are working as agents of Jehovah as stated in the above scriptures.

edited to correct html tags.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

YEAH VERILY AND AMEN!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Ah now, just a minute...
    The article on hypocrisy is very interesting. What stood out to me when I read it was how soft it was. Hypocrisy was not condemned in the normal fire and brimstone tirade but we should 'have a balanced view of hypocrisy' and asks why would we give up association with 'good friends' because of the hypocrisy of a few?

Is this preparing the R&F for the stuff about to hit the fan with regard to the UN? So they don't go overboard and leave the religion and its 'good friends' just because of the hypocrisy of a few leaders at the top? Is this evidence of a split forming and preparation for the apportioning of blame and subsequent rolling of heads?

Maybe not, but it made me think.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Excellent Stealth! I really cannot add to your or other comments, as they all sum it up very well. The Watch Tower membership in the UN as an NGO is clear hypocrisy, and they cannot escape it. Amazing

• miner
    miner

Is the date on this correct(11/15/2001)? If so, how do we know the contents of an upcoming edition of WT?

• blondie
    blondie

Because not everybody gets theirs in the mail. I think Canada gets theirs at the KH...and earlier than US in the mail...Canada does own printing for a smaller number of people...Britain too. At least that's what I understand.

• siegswife
    siegswife

Yep, got mine today too. I haven't had a chance to read it...actually, I usually DON'T read them, I just tend to skim through them and now I look for UN references.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Is this preparing the R&F for the stuff about to hit the fan with regard to the UN? So they don't go overboard and leave the religion and its 'good friends' just because of the hypocrisy of a few leaders at the top? Is this evidence of a split forming and preparation for the apportioning of blame and subsequent rolling of heads?

No. This UN business has come to light in only the last few weeks. WT articles have a much longer lead time than that. This hypocrisy article was written before the UN information came out.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hello Miner,

Yes, the November 15 2001 Watchtower is correct. The cover has a picture of Jesus on it with the caption "Jesus Saves HOW?"

I received my 11/15 WT in the mail yesterday. Depending on where you live, you should be getting yours any day now.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Stealth,

excellent post, " burning statements .."

from the WTBS. Just in line with those of the w 15.11.2001

here are some from the book " Babylon the great has fallen! "

published in 1963 !!!

" *** bf 509-10 22 From Her Fall Till the

"Wine Press" Is Trodden ***

The effort of the imperfect human political rulers is to get all their subjects to worship them or worship the political state. Just as Babylonish religionists think that they must worship God through some image or idol, the political rulers and statesmen of this world feel that the “wild beast” of political rulership must be worshiped by means of an “image.”
    In their worship of the Devil’s visible political system they now feel it necessary to use an image in order to preserve the existence of the symbolic “wild beast.”

What, then, is the image of the wild beast? Between World War I and World War II it was the League of Nations, which at one time had as many as sixty member nations, as the worship of the image and of the wild beast was then so great.
    The League is now dead, and since World War II the “image” has been the United Nations, composed, at this writing, of 111 member nations. Since it is an image of the “wild beast” with the name-number 666, it is an image of human political imperfection and failure. It cannot succeed.

The making of the image was in direct disobedience to the outcry of the first angel with the everlasting good news: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived, and so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth.” (Revelation 14:6, 7)

Worshiping an image turns man’s worship and attention away from Jehovah God and his Messianic kingdom. The worshipers of the political state and of the League of Nations deserved punishment at the hands of God the Judge. In order to identify them, they received a mark upon the forehead and upon the hand.

How? By mentally consenting to and approving of such imperfect political institutions and by lending a hand to them through giving active cooperation.

They are clearly marked as being in opposition to Jehovah’s kingdom by his Messiah.

Babylon the Great worships the wild beast and its image and thus has received the mark in forehead and hand.

The fact is, the most aggressive member in Great Babylon, namely, Christendom, heartily backed up the formation of the League of Nations, as proposed by the Anglo-American World Power in 1918. In January of 1919 the National Council of Churches of Christ in America termed the proposed League of Nations “the political expression of the kingdom of God on earth.”

Therefore Babylon the Great deserved to be made to “drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of his wrath.” The beginning of her drinking this undiluted wine of God’s anger was when Great Babylon fell in 1919. Her fall was marked by the liberation of Jehovah’s witnesses in that year, an event that chagrined and tormented her very much."

If one reads these printed quote - published and PREACHED

WORLDWIDE...from 1963...there is no need to add comments!!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. I'll post the quote, as further proof on
    the thread " United Nations, NGO's and WTBS "

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit