Watchtower breeding campaign

by Fleshybirdfodder 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Actually, the "Responsible Child-bearing in the Time of the End" talk was given in the 1987 "Trust in Jehovah" district convention (in the afternoon of day #2) and was published in the 1 March 1988 Watchtower (pp. 23-27).

That is the big talk that stands out in my mind too.

Also, Rutherford especially started discouraging childbearing in the 1938 "Fill the Earth" Watchtower articles, I don't know off hand of earlier statements to this effect.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Catholics do this, priests & pope have no children (or at least no marriages). Most GBs have never had children.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Actually, the "Responsible Child-bearing in the Time of the End" talk was given in the 1987 "Trust in Jehovah" district convention (in the afternoon of day #2) and was published in the 1 March 1988 Watchtower (pp. 23-27).

That is the big talk that stands out in my mind too.

Thanks for the clarification but I could almost swear that the 1990 was the one on Noah's family no kids building ark maybe a ditto?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Read his story in the Maine Times

A: My parents were Jehovah's Witness missionaries, and when I was born (1957) they were reviled for having a baby because the end of the world was coming any day; the preaching work has to get priority. My father married my mother after he met her family when he was going door-to-door. She was 17, he was 27. She was worse than legally blind. They married and it was hell. He was a rotten husband.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Observing my "generation" mid 30's-early 40's I'd say that most of us planned on not going to college and pioneering until the end came. Which was soon since people alive in 1914 couldn't really live that long right? Lately many of us since the generation change, myself included opted to stop pioneering and have kids. Afterall the end could be 10-20-30 yrs from now. Its amazing how WT doctrines really toy with people's lives.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

early 70's they were encouraging no kids.

When I got pregnant in 71 my mother was shocked and angry that I would do such a thing. The end was so near and now I would have to drag a small child with me to hide in the mountains when the persecution started. No kids was big policy back then.

I would suspect that any time before they have a new expectation, watch out for the NO KIDS policy to kick in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit