Watchtower breeding campaign

by Fleshybirdfodder 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Ok, so this is purely speculative, but with the dwindling numbers in the org do you think the WTS may actually start encouraging the R&F to have children? As counterintuitive as it may seem with the constant impending Armageddon agenda, I know of many died-in-the-wool company men (and women) who would swallow whatever spin the society feeds them to keep the numbers up. Farfetched perhaps, but what else can they do?

FBF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well they have certainly stopped all references to not having kids -unless it is not to have them to pioneer

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The watchtower 1990 convention ordered the rank & file NOT to have children as the 'great tribulation' is at hand.Remember if you were there,the theme of the 'have no kids double up on birth control' talk was the comparison of Noah's family ark building and having stayed childless, not encumbered by 'little ones' who would get in the way of building today's 'spiritual ark.This talk was reinforced by a primary WT study article that fall on same and encouraging singleness. The Watchtower said no kids in 1925 and their leader Joe Rutherford admitted to having made an "ass of himself" that time.So ,the WT would never make the same mistake again?So this time the end must be close. Fallout-how many woman close to menopause,longing to fulfill their maternal instincts lost forever the opportunity to have a baby? Damned if you do/damned if you don't.Jehovah's Witnesses are the'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• carla
    carla

Anything in print from 1990? I was aware of the other times they mentioned not having kids but as late as 1990?!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I don't remember anything in 1990 either.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I came in in 1984 and they were harping on NO KIDS in this time of the end!!! For as long as I could remember. I was made to feel bad because I was pregnant in 1990 with my second child.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Since the 1980s, the "don't have kids" drumbeat has slowed way down, or stopped completely. I remember lots of pregnant "sisters" in the late 80's on into the 90's. I think the "breeding campaign" started then, without fanfare. All you have to do is look at the people getting baptized the past 8-10 years - it's all kids.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The WTS's NO KIDS policy and then we have a couple of JWs using alternative methods to have 6 babies which the WTS would happily let die for want of a bit of blood.

Makes no sense to me

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In 1988 at the District Convention , there was a manuscript talk entitled "Responsible Child Rearing in the Time of the End" - so not usre about 1990, but certainly 1989

• under_believer
    under_believer

>Ok, so this is purely speculative, but with the dwindling numbers in the org do you think the WTS may actually start encouraging the R&F to have children?

This would be the Mormon approach to religious growth. And I think it's already happening, just not overtly. I am sure Brooklyn realizes that all they have to do is stop discouraging children and the floodgates (so to speak) will open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit