A truly whacked out scenario

by Jourles 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

I was just reading a news article and this jumped out at me for some reason(this isn't a political thread!):

Another traveler, Khadija Tawfek Mouhsin, said his brother was killed last year en route to Karbala, but that he was determined to make the journey. "The terrorists give us the chance to go to paradise," the 39-year-old Shiite pilgrim said.

My mind went to work on the word "paradise" and what we(exjw's) used to picture paradise as being. I asked myself, "What if you died and woke up in a paradise setting with your parents and elders you used to know standing over you smiling? What if they then told you that the JW's were right, you were wrong, and now you get to live under the direction of the WTS for at least the next 1,000 years?" If I were still a jw, that thought probably wouldn't phase me in the least. But now, oh my god, I actually cringed imagining that scenario. I answered to myself --- "I would kill myself rather than live under WT rule once again, especially if it was for at least a 1,000 years." There was no hesitation in my answer. Rather than be there with my old jw buddies and relatives, I would rather die. There's just something about being under WT rule that makes me want to scream.

Would you be happy to be resurrected in this scenario, or would you say F-it, kill me?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS wouldn't for a moment get god's approval to rule over mankind that idea is part of their mythology as they are in fact a very substandard organisation. In addition the earthly paradise is their way of enticing people into their org and this idea also has no biblical backing. I don't think anyone would like to be under their legalistic and loveless rule.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If God destroyed 99.9 % of the world (or some number close to that), I would rather die with them.
    In your scenario, I would not kill myself. I would speak my mind to show people that either

a) God won't allow me to be myself so I was destroyed.
    b) God didn't destroy me instantly for being myself.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I'm in complete agreement with greendawn:

The WTS wouldn't for a moment get god's approval to rule over mankind that idea is part of their mythology as they are in fact a very substandard organisation. In addition the earthly paradise is their way of enticing people into their org and this idea also has no biblical backing. I don't think anyone would like to be under their legalistic and loveless rule.

However, just for the sake of "what-if?" I would have to say I'd rather be alive than dead, even if it meant having to live the dub-way. BA- Enjoys life..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Even when I was still a "believer" I was disillusioned with the organization and the people. I stayed in because my wife and mom were JWs, but I had already made up my mind that if I was unfortunate enough to survive armageddon I would blow my own head off. There was no way in hell I was going to live in a world filled only with JWs.

W

• Confession
    Confession

Good question, Jourles. I'd probably have the same reaction you did. Then I'd hold out hope that the information I was receiving was wrong--or that there might be some way to escape WTS rule. If, after time passed, I were to find out that there wasn't, I might just join you in your "departure."

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It's funny. I've never before thought about how much it would suck to have to worry for a thousand years about every move you made and whether that wuz gonna get you smite at the end.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Perfectionism is a supreme delusion and an insult to life.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    "I would kill myself rather than live under WT rule once again, especially if it was for at least a 1,000 years."

Even as a kid I never wanted to live in Paradise. I never looked forward to it. And when I left at 16 it was because I knew that if I only had a year in "Satan's" world it would be worth sacrificing eternity for. I of course missed my family and hated being parted from them, but paradise struck me as being everlasting boredom and imprisonment.

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Crumpet,

That is EXACTLY how I felt too as a very young child! At that time, I thought I was strange, abnormal, alone, and as my devout JW grandmother always said, very ungrateful to Jah for "His loving provision". ackkkk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit