I Was Raised In "The Truth" And Am A Survivor Of Incest - shocking

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Mike, if you don't mind me asking, why do you have a headache after reading this story?

BTW, my experience has been that, generally, people from non-abusive backgrounds are hesitant to talk about abuse because they are (1) afraid of saying something "wrong" (i.e., hurtful, offensive, etc.) because they have no point of reference in this area; or (2) because the subject is so shocking to them that they are embarassed and would rather move on to something more "pleasant".

As an abuse survivor, I've always preferred people who wade into the subject without fear or embarassment. Say something wrong, or offensive, just talk about it. It needs to be discussed.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Servants of Jehobah are wolves

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

had the same experience myself, different details, but the same childhood. Alcoholic father, mother in denial, abuse sexual verbal as well as beatings. Whew. However, it is true that it is a chain of history going back many generations, abusers often were abused. No matter how disgusting I think Michael Jackson is, for instance, every time I see his picture I wonder who abused him. Although that is probably pretty obvious - I believe it was his JW father who has an evil look if ever anyone did. It's sad, but still the abuse has to stop somewhere and even if we pity these folks who commit the abuse, they still have to be stopped. I think they have to answer for what they've done no matter how many years have passed.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Randy thanks for sharing this tragic but educational experience

It has been observed by many writers and scholars that the religion of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is one of those intense Christian sects that people tend to use to cover up deep scars and wounds of the past. I firmly believe that if these deep scars and wounds are not faced and dealt with directly, they will show themselves in the end anyway. And that is the real truth.

bernadette

• free2think
    free2think

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit