Final Straw???

by Tina 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings All!

People leave the WTS,willingly or unwillingly(DF).
    What was that 'final straw' that told you "that's it...enough is enough..'
    What were/was the issue/s?
    Thanks in advance.luv,Tina

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Final straw was realizing that the elders and everyone else in the organization didn't have a clue about how women are supposed to be treated, and wouldn't help me deal with my crazy (now ex) husband.

That was what tore it for me. Leaving is a decision I have never regretted for a split second, the marriage, OR the religion.

*hugs* to ya big sis!
    essie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hey Tina!

My final straw came when I was working my ass off to get reinstated. The shunning was what did it. My two very best friends acted like I wasn't even worthy of being snake toe jam. That and the fact that even my parents shunned me at the KH. (I was still living at home, but they wouldn't talk to me there either. Ha!) I just couldn't believe that my very closest friends and family would totally dump me for confessing a sin to the elders. I was looking for help and I got kicked out. It was by far, the most difficult period of my life. But a blessing in disguise that I am so thankful for now!

Love,
    Andi

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((((es Andi))))))))))))
    You made it out because you are very strong and compassionate women!!
    I like to think I am as well :> Yes their nasty behavior actually opens our eyes doesn't it? More often than not,it has the reverse effct that they want lol.
    Yep,it seems difficult at first but my oh my,,,what a great feeling to feel free!! luv to ya's sistahs.Thanks for sharing .T

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Slipnslidemaster: "And now about the cauldron sing, Like elves and fairies in a ring, Enchanting all that you put in."

- William Shakespeare, MacBeth

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

When an elder and some MSs came to our house to 'encourage' us (our son was very ill at the time) The elder, looking at me with his best 'stepford wife', reasoning book quoting, lack of real love' glazed eyes, said with a straight face...."That's ok, if anything happens to him, you will see him again in the resurrection" It was at that point that it struck me.....OMG! These people are brainwashed! I had never seen it before that point. It had never struck close enough to home for me to to realize that, for the most part they were all acting by rote...on auto-pilot if you will. Pre-rehearsed answers for pre-rehearsed situations. No spontaneity, no genuine fellow feeling. Now I know not everyone is like this, and that there are many genuine people among JW's. But for the most part especially among the over worked under trained elders and higher up this is unfortunately the case.

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• roybatty
    roybatty

Reading "The Harp of God" and finally seeing what a nut-rod Rutherford was. 1925...LOL! What an ass he made of himself.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

When I read the Watchtower on the 1change in the 914 generation and the leaders of the organization did not take responsibility for their own ridiculous speculations but blamed in on the rank and file. I realized that this was more of the same.

Jeff S.

• radar
    radar

Jeff

Does this ring any bells?

It reads as follows:

*** w95 11/1 17 A Time to Keep Awake ***
    Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah’s people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. (Psalm 90:12) Rather than provide a rule for measuring time, the term "generation" as used by Jesus refers principally to contemporary people of a certain historical period, with their identifying characteristics.

When I first read this article I remember feeling flawed because the Watchtower suggested that its readers were reading too much into Time calculations, it was somehow our fault if we were disappointed. I felt as if my trust had been betrayed, having spoken so assuredly to so many people about "This Generation".

Radar

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

There were many straws in the pile for me that had stacked up over the years.
    Some of the latest were the change in the generation teaching, the sterilization and vasectomies rule changing back and forth, blood fractions, the voting scandal, I could go on and on but the final straw I think was that I had been this congregation for over 5 years and I found out that our PO is a child molester! The old time elders knew it and did not warn me or anyone else in the cong., so that we could protect our children! Not only that, but I was disgusted that he was in the highest position in the cong! Also my daughter was a best friend with this guy’s daughter and she spent many a night at their house.
    We are taught to trust brothers especially those with positions. We were betrayed so they could protect their old time buddy! He’s not an elder now but he still is held out as an example in the cong., he does parts on the meetings and the congregation is still in the dark about this sicko.
    The way WT has handled this case along withers was it for me!
    Just think were supposed to believe that Jah's spirit selected this child molester to be an elder!!
    Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit