Soooo ... they've been spying on us!

by bluesapphire 25 Replies latest jw experiences

"Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult."

Hmmm . . .

• read good books
    read good books

What a wonderful bunch, their titilated by somebodies personal affairs once they quite, a sick fascination like a mob watching a hanging.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I must confess, I felt the urge to spy on my friends, too. I felt like having a little dirt on their activities, or a screenshot of their myspace pages, was useful info. It's probably why I felt like spying on the elders' backroom conversations, until I recently found out that it would not be fun to get caught.

In repressed societies, people do whatever they can to curry favor with their masters, and prevent any scrutiny upon themselves. In the JW world, it really isn't any different...

• Gill
    Gill

Oh what boring lives they lead!

It's amazing that they're still chasing you up after a four year fade! Mooses!!

• jinjam
    jinjam

thats scary! what a bunch of nutters!

• KW13
    KW13

as someone said, they probably envy your freedom and guts.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Such a nice bunch of people. True brothely love Yeah right! As someone posted.......would they drive by bringing food if you were poor? No way!

Please don't think I'm hijacking your thread but this ties in to this. When I was first appointed as an elder in the mid 1980's, a couple of my fellow elders approached me and hatched out a plan for me to spy on a sister. She hadn't been around for awhile and wouldn't know that I was now an elder. She was married to one of the brothers who I was friends with, but left him. Seems she liked the wine bottle more than anything else.

They had me and an MS stake out a bar in our territory to see if she arrived or left with another man. The MS had more sense than I did. He didn't think it was right. But me being the robot I was at the time ate it up. After all.......wasn't I looking out for Jehovah's house? I did this for two nights and then my wife opened my eyes about how stupid this was and how the other elder a....holes were USING me. Her point wa......"Why didn't they ever do this before.......by themselves?" God rest her soul! She was absoluty right. I resigned as an elder in 1991 and got happy again!

Sure glad my eyes have been opened.

HappyDad

• Honesty
    Honesty

They spied on me, too... until

I displayed these in the front yard.

• Priest73
    Priest73

smiles.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I really don't know how true this is. But when I was a DUB I heard some of the ladies (Sisters) drive around and look at houses...picking out the one's they want to live in after the end comes. They felt that protected. Also, I was told by a female "elder"..meaning a sister raised in the truth for 86 years..that after the end comes we could still be living right in our own homes. Providing, of course, that we we Baptised Witneses and true to the cause!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit