It's that time of year again

by Zico 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

The Circuit Overseer is in town again! YAY!

Apparently he has a DVD presentation to show us on Thursday. I'm so excited. Anyone know what's in it?
  • I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Our C.O. visit was in January and he had a dvd that showed the brothers building kingdom halls in other lands. I don't remember to much cause I pretty much zoned out through the entire thing. Don't know what it was called but I believe it was a new dvd.

• Zico
    Zico
    I don't remember to much cause I pretty much zoned out through the entire thing.

Can you teach me how to do that? I'm gonna have to shave, must look my best for the C.O. I had a rather nice beard coming along as well.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A while back when I still attended the CO brought a video about Kingdom Hall construction in other countries. The main goal was to get the JWs to fork over more $$$, at the end there was an entire push for 'giving to the work that makes all this construction possible'.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Dear gawd, this just brought back the memory of me, pressing a hundreth guilder bill in the CO's hands when giving him a hand shake. What a waste of good money

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder
    Can you teach me how to do that?

LOL!! If I could figure a way I would surely let you know. I guess it would be more accurate to say that I day dreamed through the entire thing. I have always been a day dreamer. So it comes quite easy for me. Just let your imagination take you away and before you know the meeting will be over with.

I wanted to say I am sorry about your beard. I always felt bad about brothers having to shave. Maybe you could wrap your face in bandages and put some sunglasses on and tell everyone you had to have major reconstructive surgery on your face, then you could keep your beard!

• Zico
    Zico
    I wanted to say I am sorry about your beard.

That's ok, it wasn't much of a beard anyway. I was only growing it as a sign of rebellion. I have to wonder what's wrong with a religion where growing a beard can be seen as a rebellion. Thanks for the tips.

• Zico
    Zico
    A while back when I still attended the CO brought a video about Kingdom Hall construction in other countries. The main goal was to get the JWs to fork over more $$$, at the end there was an entire push for 'giving to the work that makes all this construction possible'.

Thanks Drew. It's probably that one. I'm a tight bastard, so they won't be getting a penny out of me.

Dear gawd, this just brought back the memory of me, pressing a hundreth guilder bill in the CO's hands when giving him a hand shake. What a waste of good money

Vivamus, just remember, the poor bloke doesn't even get a retirement fund. You've got to feel for him.

• free2think
    free2think

WOOHOO Zico, you lucky guy. That means extra long meetings and all the bro's vying to impress him!

Don't know anything about the dvd though sorry, but that zoning out technique sounds like a winner.

• Zico
    Zico

Free2think, Hey, I noticed you put my name in the 'Who would you like to meet?' thread. I was really touched. How's Dominica?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit