My Journey-1975

by truthsetsonefree 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was THERE 11 years of age Montreal Canada in 1967 sitting outside on the grass getting bitten by a few ants when a hush came over the crowd as the speaker elaborated on the 1975 date as the 'possibility' of it being 6000 years post Adam's creation in the year 4026 BC and consequently the start date of Christ 1000 year rein. The date came with it's (red) book release sold by the tens of millions. 99% of ALL Jehovah's Witnesses from that moment foreward lived & died for 1975. It was like Paul Revere's ride to the American revolution.
    Anyone who denies it is a liar just like the holocaust deniers of today. The shot heard around the watchtower world was 1975 "Staying Alive Until 1975" My Story of Growing Up JW with Severe Ulcerative Colitis The end Armageddon was expected to come on or about the month of October 1975 as the watchtower prophets say big Bible events occur in October. 99% of Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide were holding their breath.When nothing happened the Watchtower urban legend rumor mill damage control went into high output and spun an addendum on "how long did it take for Adam to name the animals"?? For several years later we had to endure flak and eat crow door to door because EVERYBODY KNEW ABOUT 1975. The first assembly after the 'big' event the speaker (from Bethel no less) gets up to speak and bellows out jokingly; "ARMAGEDDON AIN'T A COMING SO I'M A GETTING OUTTA HERE" that relieved the tension that had built up. See,Danny Haszard was there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit