Major Clean Up After The Big A?

by RubyStevens 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubyStevens
    RubyStevens

One of the more shocking things I've come across on this forum is that supposedly it'll be our responsibility to clean up the mess Armagedon made and make the world a paradise during the 1000 year reign (JW's belive in the 1000 year reign, then the final judgement and destruction of Satan right? My doctrine is a little fuzzy). This is new to me, has it appeared anywhere in the literature, talks, or the bible? I always assumed Jehovah would use his magic Jehovah powers to whisk broom away every crumbled building and dead baby and turn the scene into a meadow with an apple orchard with people wandering around in their native costumes. I'm curious about this. And your thoughts on what you thought Armagedon would be, the aftermath, and what life on paradise earth would be like.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well once upon a time, Jehober was going to use antimatter and birds to clean up the Big A wreckage. Now, the survivors get to clean up the decaying bodies and vestiges of human society, all with a beaming perma-smile. Praise Jah!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

One Bible verse says nobody would mourn or remember the victims of God's great day.

Another Bible verse (I think it was in Ezekiel) said that some survivors would mark the corpses, and others would come along and bury them.

I think the confusion starts with the Bible itself. Of course the JW's don't un-confuse matters much.

• RubyStevens
    RubyStevens

That and the big No No of mentioning, that maybe, just maybe those prophets were reffering to the multiple destructions of Jerusalem, Babylon, and finally Rome.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I recall that the thinking was we'd have to do a lot of the clean up. I remember this coming up while studying the Revelation book, although I no longer have one so I don't know if this was actually in the book, or something the study conductor mentioned.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Seems I remember as a child hearing the birds and worms would do their part and then the survivors would have to clean up the rest of the bodies. (I think that's what gave me a phobia of maggots!)

I don't recall ever getting an explanation as to what would happen to all the buildings and other stuff. With only 6.5 million survivors it's probably gonna take them the whole 1000 years to clean up the mess.

When does the Paradise part start?

• Schism
    Schism

And to think about it, how many average people do you know that could dare go near, or even look at, a corpse that has been rotting for days? Imagine, even those who'd have the courage to do it, their fingers would sink right into that grey rotting flesh down to the bone. The smell would make them throw up. It would smell rank for miles. The whole earth would stink. China would be a nightmare to clean. Poor JWs from China. They would have to swim through dead people to get out. Same goes for any metropolitan.

The sight of a bloated, blue person with glazed eyes, stinking, and rotting. And these fluffies are going to do it? Elders? Pioneers? Little 13 year old publishers who are big enough to "help the grownups". They can't even chop up a raw chicken for a barbeque. They have to buy the "whole, cut up" kind in the presealed packs. Then they need hand sanitizer after touching it in the store. What kind of super-humans do they think they are? Better yet, do they think dead people come in air-tight packages with labels on them? Fresh as the day they were ground up?

Puh-lease! My first job was on an ambulance. Rotten people are so squishy after a period of time, you'd have to spoon them up. Even after a few hours, it's too gross for the average JW. Rigor sets in, and their stiff in whatever position they landed. Faces stuck in ugly morbid expressions. Cold and rigid like rubber. Nope, I don't see it happening...

Then, where will they be taking these 6.5 billion dead bodies? They will haul them out to the garbage or something? The earth would be covered with dead people in various stages of decomposition, and there's not landfill on this planet that could house them. There aren't enough birds to eat them. You'd have to see your neighbors rot for weeks before finally becoming somewhat of a skeleton. That's easier to deal with, but then what the hell do you do with all those skeletons? There's no garbage trucks anymore, all the garbage people have been killed! Will they haul them by truck? I thought no more fossil fuels after A. All the truckdrivers would be dead too. 6 million fluffy people CANNOT handle the task of cleaning up 6.5 BILLION dead people. Oh, and their dead pets too, let's not forget. I always have wondered what a 9 month pregnant woman would look like split right open with the baby exposed. I'm sure the JWs will love to see that too. Jehovah certainly would love it, and there would be plenty of that to see as well. Oh, and I got DFed for taking the morning after pill. Boo hoo.

Why would they even like this "Jehovah" fellow if he will condemn them to this dirty job?

I guess they can just live around everyone else rotting until we all become bones. Then they will have one hell of a bon-fire with our skeletons. After that, they will be changing the carpets in the nicest houses all for themselves to steal. Except for the fact that whoever makes carpet is dead too. So oops, no new carpet. Oh yeah, and the paint companies are shut down too, because they are all dead. There aren't enough JWs to get anything up and running, not even food. They'd have to rely solely on miracles.

In my opinion, Jah could have taken the easy way out and just killed Satan immediately. No mess. Just *poof* From air you came, to air you shall return.

Sad though, because Satan doesn't really hurt anyone. He just encourages freedom of thought.

Ok, so that pretty much should convince anyone that their dreams of dead people and stealing houses won't ever happen. When everyone is dead, that means um........everyone is dead.

Luckily for us, all that is just make-believe.

• carla
    carla

Schism,

What an explanation! I suppose a jw would simply be offended at the mention of any of that. This topic has always intrigued me because nearly every ex jw has this idea of jw's cleaning up the world after the big A, when I question my jw about it he won't say much and the topic gets changed. I try to make it personal asking how he will deal with his wife & childrens bodies? Then he says he doesn't think we would be destroyed. What? because he is a jw it would save his family? I just don't get it.

He also insists that he doesn't believe all non jw's will be destroyed and jw's don't believe that either. The literature goes both ways from what I have seen. One one hand they say 'nobody knows' and on the other they say you must belong to have any chance.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    would use his magic Jehovah powers to whisk broom away every crumbled building and dead baby and turn the scene into a meadow with an apple orchard

The fact that JW's are taught that Jehovah is going to brutally murder innocent children is one of the reasons I walked away.

But to me, if the Bible says there is going to be a new heaven and new earth, that doesnt sound like -theres going ot be a new heaven and stinky earth filled with 6.5 billion rotting corpses.

blah....

• RubyStevens
    RubyStevens

It's odd but for this to make some kind of twisted sense you would have to let yourself believe completely in magic, in an example of God's awesome power. Poof! Armagedon, a moment for JW's to laugh and go neener neener at the charred remains of the unbelievers then Poof! a paradise. Where we probably wouldn't having running water, indoor plumbing, central heating, air conditioning, electricity, or anything above primitive tools. Unless, and not unreasonably, you can convince yourself that being a paradise, we'll have all those things, and water comes sparkling clean out of the tap without being through a treatment plant, spectic systems never need to be pumped, and electricity comes from a plant run on a water engine. Or else these things just are, without explanation, it's a magic paradise, free of logic. It's when you start to think about it you realize how codified and how it belongs on a Candyland board it is. The "best case" scenairo if we do have have to clean up the bodies is that it will be like those standing ground zero at an atomic explosion ash and bone. And again, what to do about the chemical plants in flames, all the nuclear plants going into meltdown, cars clogging every roadway. The Society would be better served to just shrug and say "It's Jehovah, he'll take care of it with a wave of his hand."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit