So what is it with women and closets?

by onacruse 31 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

So we're remodeling a bedroom in our house, and that includes me adding (at considerable expenditure of personal energy, I might add!) a new shelving layout in the closet.

Now, I ask Kate what she thinks is best, and add a full shelf here, and a bank of multiple shelves there...and then, all of a sudden she starts going on and on about how much extra space she's going to have for all her "stuff" (guys, you know what I mean! LOL)

Now, of course, in my maleness I interject and say: "Hey, we never talked about who was going to get to use that closet space!!!

Was that wise?

• Schism
    Schism

My husband and I share a closet, cut in half right down the middle. He has as much clothes and as many shoes as I do. Stop generalizing

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Craig, please tell me yall have more than one closet! A closet is a wonderful place to hide store things. I'm sure you probably know how much women like to "put things away."

One time, my Mom wanted to buy a ripoff designer purse. It had "Bullspit" (sp) printed all over it and suited my Mom's personality to a "Tee." My step-dad, however, felt otherwise, because of the cost, of course. So Mom put it on layaway.....and got it anyway. One day all the kids and g/kids were visiting and Mom went to the "other closet" to dig out her newly-purchased treasure to show us kids. It was on the other end of the house from where my step-dad was watching TV. Now, mind you....he was hard of hearing, but refused to get a hearing-aid. Lo, and behold! The ol' stroonza HEARD us from the other end of the house and sneaked up on us and caught her with the "goods," .....red-handed!

Kate, I'm not saying you would do this, chere. My Mom was that "horse of a different color," yanno.

Frannie

• 5go
    5go

Don't you mean what is with men and garages.

• Schism
    Schism

In defense of men, as well..... my husband doesn't own a garage and can't hammer a nail to save his life!!!! And he likes being that way just fine, because I will fix the closet when the time comes. Little, blonde, ditsy wifey. HURRAY FOR US!! We are both stereotyped, but we still love each other

On yet another note....

What is it with people who think girls are sugar and spice, while boys like snakes, snails, and puppydog tails? Edited to add: There's nothing wrong with being sugary, spicy, AND getting dirty!

Ok now I'm just being messy Carry on!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I suggest you make a false wall with a secret compartment... just for your stuff and whatever you don't want "the little lady" to know about.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Schism:

What is it with people who think girls are sugar and spice, while boys like snakes, snails, and puppydog tails? Edited to add: There's nothing wrong with being sugary, spicy, AND getting dirty!

Yah, sure...while Kate tells me how tired she is and nurses her poor little wristies and tells me that it must be all that hard work she's doing....dang, picking out paint colors really is hard work! LOL

5go, leave my garage out of it (emphasis: MYYYYYYYYY garage!!! )

Otherwhere: Can I come and live with you?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ona

You just don't know when to stop putting your foot in it do you?

My husband had 5 shirts and three pairs of pants to his name when I was first with him. Somehow he figured that meant he should still get his half of the closet.

What he got was the closet in the other room with as much space as he wanted while he continued to complain about all my clothes - the clothes he insisted I buy because he liked the way they looked on me.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Now, of course, in my maleness I interject and say: "Hey, we never talked about who was going to get to use that closet space!!!

Was that wise?

Awe honey quit yer complaining..... you know some of your stuff will be stored in the new closet you are so nicely (and it's beautiful!) building for us. Besides I am the one who has to paint in that tiny little space called a closet!

Frannie I think your step father had selective hearing but then don't we all, LOL.

Schism:

There's nothing wrong with being sugary, spicy, AND getting dirty!

Did I mention I'm doing all the painting of the room, closet and all? LOL Today when hubby came home I was covered with paint chips from scraping off years of old paint from the wood work and splotches of Spackle in my hair and under my nails....dirty job I tell ya and I haven't even gotten to the painting yet!

Oh and last week I fixed the dishwasher, put on a new thingy on the faucet and hubby saw the old dishwasher part in the parts box and offered to put it on for me. Boy was I proud to tell him I had already done it and that was the old part!

Elsewhere:

I suggest you make a false wall with a secret compartment... just for your stuff and whatever you don't want "the little lady" to know about.

Craig has a whole garage all to himself.......we call it the man cave <insert grunt> and he often takes refuge there, he,hee.

Now tonight I have a nice tub to go soak my aching bones waiting for me......this getting old and climbing up and down ladders sure isn't for an old gal like me, oh to be younger, sigh.

• onacruse
    onacruse
    Oh and last week I fixed the dishwasher, put on a new thingy on the faucet and hubby saw the old dishwasher part in the parts box and offered to put it on for me. Boy was I proud to tell him I had already done it and that was the old part!

Yeah, but I told her how to do it, and that's the main thing.

Besides, Kate's post about this is OFF-TOPIC, and I request that a moderator remove it immediately!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit