How do you measure success?

by avidbiblereader 18 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

What qualifies as successful? A huge bank account, at work, health, family, friends, education?

abr

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Success is the sense of well-being that comes as the result of a long history of good decisions (interpersonal,economic,intellectual,etc).

Striving to be successful,

Nvr

• garybuss
    garybuss

Friends!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Good one Gary, I always said if you can fill one hand at your death of close friends that you can trust with ANYTHING, you have died a rich man/woman.

abr

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I measure success by contentment and happiness. If a person can lay claim to both in each area of their life, then they're successful. If onr ot more areas fall short of that measure, that's the area(s) that need work..

Frannie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

metric is prefered. and then that way success is always measured in units of 10.

tetra

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Someone by your side who believes in you.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Success can be measured by,

How high you bounce back when you hit the floor.

KT

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I meaure it kiss by kiss and hugg by hugg.

tears shared and shed

hands held and hands offered in friendship

by the love that is pile around my house when I wake, in my bed and in their rooms.

By the love of people miles away that call me everyday even if it is just to hear each other breath.

I measure it by the amount of love that is here and not how much love is gone.

My measurements multiply and add and never minus.

I measure it by heartbeats and my storehouse is full.

I am wealthy.

As rich as any person can hope to be.

And when I die my treasures will live on and hopefully they all will be rich for having known and been loved by me.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I measure it by my carreer, bank account and education. I am succesful, but i am striving to be more.

Though friendship, love and happiness are probably better measurements

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit