Do you think that you've made lifelong friends on this forum?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Well, I've been posting here since many years, and I'm sure that there are some that I met here, that I'll still talk to 10 or 20 years from now. I'm sure that others also made life long friends on this board.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Whether or not I meet any of you in person or even email in a few years, many of those on this board will live actively in my memory. Their experience, their quips, lives, jokes, families and love will remain. I will remember sorrows, and stresses and successes. You will be an encouragement even when I have lost physical contact. That being said, I hope to meet and know some of you and to be friends for many years-even a lifetime, to come.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Many.

Kwin

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

no but its my fault..i 'm so paranoid about staying a fader instead of df'd that i dont let anyone know my real name, appearance etc.

some day hopefully!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Candidlynuts,

You’re doing what all good ostriches do, your sticking your head in the sand.!!

There are some very nice people on this board, ones I would trust MORE than those ones I came across in the Borg

KT

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The internet takes on a life of its own. I used to be in the AOL JW chat rooms almost non-stop until AOL started monitoring them and putting the squeeze on who could say what and then who could come in at all...until it just died. I was mourning the loss. Then when we were on H20 and that went away...it was like somebody cut a lifeline because you become so attached to the "thing" we all have in common here. Its not individuals so much with me as the community and the safe place to go when you are falling apart and the intellectual level of the posters here...the incredible wealth of information and knowledge shared so effortlessly and lovingly.

Ive met thousands of wonderful people since getting my AOL account in 1996 and even tho Ive only personally met a handful...each of them played a big part in my life when they were in it. They came, they signed in, they shared, they signed off...and were gone.

I tried once to delete my aol name Lovesmenot...but she had become a real person to me, and so many people knew her. I deleted her...and then a month later reinstated her because you can do that with AOL. I know that sounds weird but when I was Lovesmenot I was a freedom fighter extraordinaire getting people emancipated from the JWs. Those of you who knew me then...know what Im talking about :)

So yes I made lifelong friends here...and one of them was me and its about damn time.

Loves

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Definitely!!!!! The few in my area, StarMoore, Outnfree and Jourles live in MI. Star and I are going to lunch this afternoon and I have plans to get together with Out soon. I am hoping we can have another fest this summer (Jourles did great with the last one!!!!)(I think I brought too much corn ) and see some from last year again, and maybe some new faces from the board <wink wink>. The people here are people I have shared so much of myself with and they have shared so much of themselves with me.

Plus, there are some who I have met through Outnfree that live in the area that are also exjw. So, I have them as well.

I think this board has been Very helpful in this area.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Yes, of course you know that already. I met too many to mention, and dont want to leave anyone out. I have more friends now than i have had in the six years or so that I have lived here! I love it!

• free2think
    free2think

I have. Its been great here, I've 'met' so many wonderful, caring, funny and intelligent people. I can definitely see myself still being friends with them for years to come. In the few months that I've been on jwd, I think I've made better friends then I ever did as a dub.

And I can't want to meet more of you in person. Soon hopefully.

Aah GROUP HUG EVERYONE

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. And I fully intend to make more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit