Total Lunar Eclipse tonight! Visable everywhere, most visable UK etc

by needproof 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Clear skies and the moon is right outside my window!! Nothing much happening yet - it still looks like a full moon.

I haven't got a camera to take pics for you though, sorry guys

• needproof
    needproof

Well, I have been keeping my eye on it. The moon looks exactly the same to me right now but it should start kicking ass in the next hour or so. It's really clear tonight, I hope it stays that way! I'm going to take pics, shame I cant video it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Also, the moon becomes FULL tonight. Gotta go trim my hair now!

Frannie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The moon is definitely starting to get duller now.

I also noticed that through my double glazed windows, you can see the shadow better on the secondary image (cos it isn't as bright as the real moon!)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

cool emo

• free2think
    free2think

Yep the bottom half is getting very dark now. It's very exciting, usually I miss this kinda stuff.

• needproof
    needproof

Yes, it sounds like the skies are being kind to us tonight. It's happening quickly now, probably 2/8 covered - can you imagine how wonderful this would have been to ancient man who did not understand how it all worked, to our ancestors - and how great it would look today from places like Stonehenge!

• bernadette
    bernadette

trying to picture myself in an ancient civilization going beserk at the sight

• Clam
    Clam

Got a good view here in Cornwall with minimal light pollution as an added bonus. About 40% of the moon is obscured.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

looks great right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit