letter to British Bethal

by sleepy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Dam it , I just changed it to K.

To save any hassle with spelling in future I suggest everyone in the world learn's to spell the same as me , then I'll never have to trust a spell checker.

• Kent
    Kent

I'm looking forward to the response from the Watchtower. I do, however, believe some of Mad's ideas for changes were good - and you should provide the links.

Besides that, I don't think there will be any problems asking the society about these questions, and I expect they will send an answer to something completely different :))

Please post their answer, or send it to me by email.

[email protected]

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• sleepy
    sleepy

Letter edited and sent

I will need to send a copy of their response to someone local with a scanner.

Any volunteers?

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'll do it, email me and I'll send you my address.

Englishman

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

sleepy!

To whom are you addressing this letter? Branch office? Congregation elders? If the branch office (especially non-USA), they'll just send a canned letter (actually, you need to address your letter to Writing Dept. in Brooklyn--preferably to someone you know in Writing--I'll can supply a few names if you want). If it gets processed by the Service Department, then there's absolutely no attempt at an honest reply! Be warned, Bethel uses a worldwide, canned-letter program to generate standard responses (I know the brother who wrote the program). However, if your letter is addressed to your congregation elders, it might be viewed with mild concern, but on the other hand, they might think you're an apostate!

If you're trying to change the views of the many, then writing the Society's "clergy" will not get you there!

If you insist on sending this letter, I'd tame it down a little more! Put everything in the form of a question. I know that the Society doesn't do this, being very dogmatic down to the smallest trivial thing! However, they expect the "laity" (us) to respond in a very timid, fearful manner, when questioning them!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Unless it's changed too much, I may have some names for the British Writing Committee. If that's any use.

LT

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Sleepy,

I do believe that MAp, gave you a good suggestion.

It will carry more weight, if you choose carefully

the " information " from the U.N. web site.

Marvin too had a very good point:

" Many also have experience with the WTS itself applying comments like the one in the August issue with sharp harshness in an effort to confuse and breakdown individual JWs into making a confession of “having doubts.” "

The WTBS wants the R&F to have - always - a guilty feeling,

including that one of not being good " enough " , not " doing

enough " and mostly a very serious SIN (for ...the WTBS )

- havings DOUBTS -!!Although they wrote an article on the

w. July 1, 2001 pag.18-21 " Do not doubts destroy your faith "

Read it and you will see ...the CONTRADDICTIONS!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• sleepy
    sleepy

The letter is sent now so it to late to change anything.

I dont hope to change the societies mind, the reasons for which I sent the letter are mainly that they may be people in the British Bethal who are not aware of the UN situation and may wonder why they havent been informed.
    Also so that I can raise these points to friends and family and show the responce from the society to them, which if they find it unreasonable will help them question what they belive.

Whether it will work or nor is another thing.

Oh yes, and also the elders in my hall are still unaware as far as I know as to why I have stopped attending meetings.
    I was hopping that Bethal will send a copy of my letter to them.
    If they don't it will show that they are trying to hide the UN issue from them.

• cecil
    cecil

sleepy

they'll only send a copy of their answer to the local elders - not a copy of your letter. That's usual procedure with every issue that might contain thoughts and ideas that are "too revealing"... And as Kent pointed out - they'll answer something that is completely different from the questions that you ask. Therefor, there is no (or very very litlle) chance the elders in your congregation will know what you originally have written to the branch office.

cecil

• outnfree
    outnfree

In which case, sleepy, you may want to copy your local elders (ALL of them individually, not just "the Elder Body of XXXX Congregation) NOW without the Society knowing you have done so by means of a post-signature cc:

You can always explain it away by saying it was an afterthought that you should have let your local brothers know that you had written the Branch.

Just my 2 cents, as this way the locals will find out the UN info, right?

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit