For All Former Elders

by Yizuman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

As a publisher and a female I wanted to put my perspective in here.

An Elder in the congregation I was in gave me the courage to leave an abusive husband, he made sure I understood I'd be disfellowshipped for leaving and divorcing my then jw husband. But he told me to wait 5 years and I could be reinstated pretty easy after the dust settled. He knew I was suffering from extreme depression and was fearful of my committing suicide. He also had an experience with a faithful pioneer sister in simular circumstances as my own killing herself. So it was with his help, I went forward to leaving a bad 30 year marriage and starting a new life.

Its now been 6 years and of course because of what I learned about the organization I have no desire to return. But I still hold that Elder dearly in my heart. I saw him once and he said hi to me and smiled broadly as his wife pulled him away. I wonder how he copes sometimes with the baloney the GB pass down, but he has learned to quitely help others and does not take it overly seriously. I believe he saved my life.

So there are wonderful Elders out there that see problems and try to overcome the pain the rules bring upon the rank & file followers. And the best of the best have gotten out, and I say good for you.

Balsam

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello Balsam,

Glad you're alive to tell your story!

Nvr

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hey Balsam, thanks for sharing!

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Bumping my old thread. Since we got alot of new people joining JWD in the past year, I am curious what you former Elders have to say in regards to my question on post #1.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit