Then and now, your journey on JWD

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm here because of a green book.

When I as 12 or 13, I googled Jehovah's Witnesses one day and found some site that hosted the flock book.

I read some of the more interesting parts in it, and then just went to some other random website.

When I was 16, I was about to face a judicial committee for being a silly kid, and I was pretty pissed, so I tried to find the flock book again, and brush up on the things that were going to happen. I couldn't find it, but I did find this website, and I read a few posts, and immediately signed up.

I posted here for over a year, and talked about a little bit of everything- life, love, leaving the witnesses, taking the witnesses down, etc. I built relationships with a TON of posters, and still call many of them good friends.

One thing that always struck me was the people who were here because they had been sexually abused. It never happened to me, but I could only imagine how those people felt.

One day, I was out in service and we were all at the hall, and the brother gave me keys to the little room with the copier in it. So I walk in the room to make copies, and see these huge towering file cabinets in there. I decide to see if any of the other keys on the key ring will open one of those filing cabinets. It did. I couldn't find any files on myself, but I did find 3 copies of the flock book, one of which had just been turned in by a long standing asshole elder. So I took the book. I posted here that I had it, and I sent it to a friend in Cali, who got it all scanned and PDFed and posted online for the rest of the world to see.

2 weeks later was the memorial. I went to the memorial and noticed that I was getting some wierd looks from the elders. I didn't think much of it. two days later, I get a phone call from the PO telling me that he knows of my involvement here.

Pretty much, I meet with the elders, they accept my disassociation, they all cry, and then my mother says some of the most horrible things I've ever heard to me.

Shortly after that, I've left my parents home, and established myself as an individual.

All thanks to a little green book.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Well, a long time ago (2001), I looked at this site for about a month, maybe, and began to like a few people here.

Summer of 2004, I started lurking around a bit and actually reading.

September 2004, I came here every single day. I was having serious doubts and felt like my world was crashing.

In November, a day before turning 26, I decided to finally join.

Yes, Greendawn, the Summer of 2005 was certainly exciting around here! I laughed more than I had in a few years, and made some friends. By that summer, I felt ready to meet other ex-jw's and did just that in Pennsylvania.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Alot of trepidation at first, was afraid to post, didn't think I had anything to add or when I saw the number of posts that others had, felt like I would never be accepted,

Now, I kind of put myself out there for all to see, in different ways, and the level of acceptance still makes me shake my head. Great place to be at.

Thanks,

abr

• mia_b
    mia_b

I'm still at the start of my journey but having other people at different stages of the journey around me is great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit