Ever been sick for years then got better?

by avishai 12 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I've had seizures for the last three or for years and they're finally starting to get under control. The deal is, now what do I do? I'm not 100%, mind you, but quite a bit better....so...Damn, it's just kinda weird.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

take each day and make it as fufilling and happy as you can....

I think that's wonderful that your seizures are calming down, my mother suffers from them too from time to time, stress a few years ago really made them come more severly, but with more stable circumstances, they now happen very rarely.

what did you change recently? diet? medication? stress relieving trechniques?

• misocup
    misocup

I like your icon, I keep thinking the guy is combing his hair then I think, wait a minute he has no hair!

Congrats on the improvement in your health.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That's happening to me right now. For years I walked around sick, not knowing why. I finally found out I have a stomach disorder that is very much controlable. I also found out that I have been walking around with a slipped disc in my back for the last 25 years which will soon be fixed. Lastly I found out I had three tooth infections, causing much anguish over the years. All fixable, I'm so happy to say , but why so frigggin late in life. I had seen doctors before about these things and they were wrong on every single diagnosis. It wasn't until I researched myself did I start getting answers.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would think that is like going thru a depression. When I come out of it, I realize how much i missed out on. How much the struggle was to make it through each day. As the depression subsides..........Im like ....what do I do.........how long before it comes back? Can't believe I made it thru that.

Glad you are getting better.

purps

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yeah, I was sick (like all JWs) when I was a JW- now I'm all better!

BA- Get well soon!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good for you. Were you're seizures epileptic in nature? Did you have the gran maul type? I'm glad that you have found a regimen that works for you.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Avishai,

The deal is, now what do I do?

You live your life as normally as possible. You do the things you wanted to do before the seizures took hold. You do your utmost to help all sentient creatures to the best of your ability.

As you know, I've been battling the cancer for over three years now and when I am in the depths of despair I focus on what I would do if I fully recover. What I've suggested to you is exactly how I would live my life. There's still a way to go for me yet but I feel I can beat this. I had no idea about your seizures and am delighted you are recovering. My hope is for your full recovery - and when I am recovered also we can meet up on your side of the pond!

(((((((((Manly Hugs)))))))))

Ian

• DJK
    DJK

Manic-Depressant with self destructive tendencies from childhood. It's under control.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Avishai,

Hey nice to see your getting better you JWD old timer. The human body & pysche can be amazing.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit