Am I being persecuted by the WTS for my choice of beliefs? Is it criminal?

by misocup 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• misocup
    misocup

Is DFing someone religious persecution?

I do not believe what the WTS says, I do not want to belong to that org. Because of that, I no longer have contact with my family. I think the WTS is persecuting people for their religious beliefs. They certainly persecute those who are no longer part of their org (for any reason). I think that is a violation of my civil rights and religious freedom.

What do you think?

• garybuss
    garybuss

What do you think? I think the persecution comes totally from friends, family, and acquaintances.

I think many former Witnesses cooperate with the shunning.

I think it the shunning won't work without the cooperation of the former Witness.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Nah.

I willingly joined the cult because I believed them.

I willingly escaped from them after I found out they lied.

Escape was not easy.

They came around on a regular basis to 'encourage' me back to the meetings and Field Service.

My ex called them on numerous occasions to report that I was reading my Bible without Watchtower Society aids.

The elders showed up almost immediately to 'adjust' my thinking.

It didn't take, so I kept reading my Bible without Watchtower Society aids.

My ex threatened me with divorce if I didn't return to the meetings.

My ex begged me to relinquish parental rights to my son because I didn't go to meetings and was reading my bible without Watchtower Society aids.

I refused.

Finally, my ex had enough of me reading my Bible without Watchtower Society aids and left with my son and her daughter because I was endangering her spirituality by my questions.

The elders left me alone after that.... until my ex tried to oust me from my abode with an Order of Protection and I filed for divorce against her.

Then things got really nasty.

One month after it was all final, I finally had lost my fear of the cult and cut the whole bunch of them loose.

Two months after that, Christ found me.

Now, I am living the abundant life He promised without any guilt or fear of the Watchtower cult from hell.

• misocup
    misocup

I willingly joined the cult because I believed them.

I willingly escaped from them after I found out they lied.

yes willingly joined and willingly escaped, but you obviously went through a lot of what I would call religious persecution for your beliefs (or lack of belief in their org). While it was the people around you who did the deed, it was definately the WTS calling the shots.

Some aren't so willing to join, and some are fearful of leaving because of the family problems that will come! If you do not believe, you will be punished by the people you know and your family.. at the insistance of the WTS! Because of the psychological mind control issues, one could argue that these people do not act of their own accord. Especially the ones indoctrinated from an early age. Thereby leaving the WTS fully responsible for their teachings, religious persecution and violation of civil rights perpetrated by their followers.

Is not the incitement of a crime by person(s) in a position of trust worse than the actual performance of it?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Even the NWT proclaims that Jesus was persecuted to disfellowshipping death for his religious beliefs, which were in opposition to the doctrines and practices of the scribes and pharisees.

Frannie

• misocup
    misocup
    Even the NWT proclaims that Jesus was persecuted to disfellowshipping death for his religious beliefs, which were in opposition to the doctrines and practices of the scribes and pharisees.

Thank you

• greendawn
    greendawn

"My ex called them on numerous occasions to report that I was reading my Bible without Watchtower Society aids." They really know how to put in place mechanisms of social control. Yes the dubs have gone completely overboard they could argue that they don't want ex members to be part of their religious activities but they have no right to intefere in their families.

• done4good
    done4good
    Am I being persecuted by the WTS for my choice of beliefs?

From their perspective, NO. Nobody deserves religious freedom but the WTS.

j

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thank you

Miso, as a matter of fact, I've been considering what would be the best retort in the simplest and briefest words when jdubyas come knockin' on my door. I think I've found it in that scripture about the hypocrisy of the scribes and pharisees. "I have no interest in the teachings and writings of the scribes and pharisees of the WTS. B'bye."

Frannie

• fifi40
    fifi40

I think your answer lies in the term 'freedom of choice'.

Any given person, JW or not has the freedom of choice to associate with you. If they choose not to based on religious belief's they have the freedom of choice.

It is a little bit like joining the army and becoming a deserter..........you have the freedom to do that but you know there are consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit