Kingdom Hall wedding

by Wanita 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

HA! They will be sweet as pie to this couple. They are potential converts!

Me and my JW husband on the other hand, are suspected opposer/spiritually weak. We're pariahs.

You'd be amazed, "apostates", how well regular "worldly" people can be treated by JW's, if they haven't been tainted by any sort of suspicion yet.

• blondie
    blondie
    First I'll be surprised if anyone sits with you at the reception. Dubs who are "spiritual" are not supposed to share a meal with a worldly person. Actually, according to the KM of 04/2002, they are not even supposed to say "Hello"!

I think you are confusing "worldly" people with df'd and da'd JWs. People who have never been JWs are potential converts unless they have been loudly advocating that the WTS is a cult, or similar. JWs are even allowed to eat with inactive JWs and sit with them. Those who don't are making it personal decision to "mark" them.

Blondie

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

"Hello could lead to friendship" paraphrased KM 2002

Sure it's from the advice on DF'ing, but are JWs supposed to make friends with worldly people (who are not interested in studies or who have rejected studies)

See where I get this?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, yeah, but the KH is a public place. No danger of actually making a FRIEND there. Now, if our nice neighbour asked them out for coffee "but leave your books at home" we'd see where the rubber hits the road.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Above all, do not give the bride and groom 'Crisis of Conscience' by Raymond Franz as a present.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Wanita,

Don't expect to be able to do the bump dance, often times there's no adult beverages served due to all the former/closet drunks that will be there. And because of their former bad behavior you'll be penalized.

my advice byob

Dismembered (from the I've d.j.'d many a dub wedding class)

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think you should wear a leopard print see through short dress, bow towards the stage and make the sign of the cross before you sit down, jump up and shout "Haleluja" (gawd I don't even remember how to spell that) when they say women must obey their husbands, wear a ginormous glow in the dark crucifix, tape a poster inside the stall in the ladies room that says, "Miracle Wheat?"...

....then at the reception, give a toast, keep clanging your wine glass with a spoon and demand they kiss, dirty dance with the elders, request they play Stairway to Heaven, give windchimes as your gift to the couple....

...but that's just me. ;)

• done4good
    done4good
    my advice byob

Been there done that at j-dub weddings!

j

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Above all, do not give the bride and groom 'Crisis of Conscience' by Raymond Franz as a present.

Ha! No,...I really think you should. It could be the best gift they will ever recieve. Of course don't sign your name to it,...and make sure you get them some other standard gift with your name assigned to it so you don't come under suspicion. In all seriousness,...I really think you should. It may help to destroy those WT glasses.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Speaking of wedding gifts:

At the time I was freshly DA'd and attending art school. I went to my younger brother's wedding at the kingdom hall where of course no one dared to look or utter a hello to me. Anyways,...I painted them a portrait of Jesus. I'm not sure,...but I don't think they ever hung it on their wall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit