Sorry if I offended anyone

by BFD 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I learned long ago to finally stop apologizing ... only if someone takes the timeand energy to e-mail me and specifically state something I did to offend them do I consider apologizing ... otherwise, I found I carried too much grief over things that people mostly do not recall nor care about.

You're okay ... and your post is just fine.

Jim Whitney

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hi bfd. Did your old name include those letters? If it's the one that i think it is, it didn't offend me. I found it funny.

Sometimes I get really pissed off and do stupid things.

The thing to remember is that stupid people (not saying that you are) almost never get to run big countries. To get to that position takes a lot of qualities and abilities, and stupid isn't one of them. The media on our side makes out the leaders of enemy countries as being wacko, stupid, etc. But, that is just propaganda. When you see this happening, do a profile of the enemy leader for yourself, independent of the media. You will learn something.

S

• Clam
    Clam
    What is WMDs???

Love2B - weapons of mass destruction. Mythical items once thought to have been present in Iraq. Thorough investigation dispelled continuing speculation.

• BFD
    BFD

Why yes, Satanus, as a matter of fact those letters did appear in my old screen name. And, I remember your witty observation that perhaps my fingers had the same problem as my brain.

Anyway, thank you all for the words of wisdom.

BFD

• mia_b
    mia_b

Welcome to the forum, i never saw your old alias so wasnt offended.

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly I am still suprized that X-JW's are capable of being offended. We have had doors slammed in our face, dogs sicced on us, classmates calling us names because we don't celebrate holidays or just constantly inquiring as to "why won't you drink my birthday punch?", shunned by people we used to call friends, disowned by family, etc. The list goes on and on. Aside from having someone physically attack you, I just don't understand what could possibly offend us. Most X-JW have a pretty tough skin due to all the previous abuse.

I do guess however that the forum rules discourage against offensive language (cursing) so that may just be a rule thing and not someone truely being offended. I curse like a sailor so rest assured you did not offend me. At this point I am merely curious as to what it could be. You didn't use the C word did you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit