My boyfriend is a JW and we want to get married but I want him to get OUT

by blueday 36 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

Blueday,

He needs to come here, and perhaps some other ex-jw sites to help him get over the jws. I wouldn't go as far as marrying if he remains divided.

j

• parakeet
    parakeet

blueday: "The only thing I can do is continue to be loving supportive and to lead by example so that he may hopefully one day see the light."

If he hasn't seen the "light" in seven years, he probably never will. Most likely, to him you're an evil temptation he hasn't yet had the will to overcome. In the JW world, anyone outside their drab little cult is simply a corpse waiting to happen at Armageddon, due to arrive "real soon now."

I hope you have enough respect for yourself and your own beliefs not to waste any more of your precious time on this loser. Even if he gives up the cult, there's no guarantee he won't go back to it someday. Good luck.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Seven years is a LONG time. What do you think the next seven will be like if you continue with him? Truly think about it.

He needs to find someone else who will take him in, you deserve someone who will give you 110%. Believe me, love

is not about submissiveness, stress over religion, etc. etc. TAKE charge of your life, listen to these people on the

board. Find someone who is either of your same faith or who is willing to go with you into a faith that the two of you

agree on, TOGETHER.

Take Care,

AJ

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

He's not just an addict, he's a liar; he can't be accepted as a witness while still in a relationship with you, for seven years!!

You can do better.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Just to be clear here, you have been together for 7 years . . .as in "together and currently having a sexual relationship?"

If so the poster above's comment has some validity. He must have lied to them to get re-instated.

Thats not a judgemental statement just what the info you've given in your two posts seems to suggest.

I think you're instinctive desire to get him out is right.

Hypothetically, if you said it's "Them or Us" who would he choose?

• detective
    detective

been there, done that!!

So sad. There are so many who have unwittingly become wrapped up in a relationship with witnesses gone awry, it's sad. That's how I ended up here many years ago. there is a part of the forum dedicated to these sorts of relationships, I think in the "Best of" category.

Someone asked:

If you don't want your BF to be a JW, then why did you start dating him?

I just wanted to mention that more often than not a witness is acting very un-witnessy enough that becoming involved isn't necessarily unsual. Some witness want so desperately to feel the love they lack within the group that they naturally seek it from someone outside. I'm guessing she didn't catch an eyeful of him at her doorstep with bible in hand and think, 'I gotta get me some of that fine door to door ministerman!"

It stinks to be in your situation. I know firsthand.Definitely,definitely,defintely read the hassan anti-cult books!

They will help you.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi Bluejay,

Make two lists . . . the first one with the things you have in common.

The second list. Things you disagree on.

Be honest with yourself.

*hugs*

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit