Satanists?

by Lumptard 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Are there any practicing Satanists on the board? I've been doing some reading about Satanism and I'd like some personal experiences...It seems like it is less about God/Satan and more about the self above all...am I right? How satisfying is this way of living?

• Kaput
    Kaput
    It seems like it is less about God/Satan and more about the self above all...am I right?

Why would it be more about the self if it's called Satanism? Let sleeping dogs lie.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    It seems like it is less about God/Satan and more about the self above all...am I right?
    Why would it be more about the self if it's called Satanism? Let sleeping dogs lie

I have a copy of the Satanic Bible, but haven't gotten around to readiing it yet (xmas present from a friend). I have a close fried that has read it tho, and their synopsis was similar to Lumptard's. It's not so much worshipping "Satan" as it is the antichristianity. As opposed to sacrificing all for thehive, you put yourself above everything. As I recall your own birthday is the highest ranking celebration.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Love your avatar, bigwilly!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Phanx Kaput, it's supposed to be animated tho

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Back on topic, this link looked pretty legit and well written. http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanis1.htm

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lumptard,

i have practiced satanism in the past, but didn't get anything from it so i stopped. it was way back in the beginning, after i left. and yes, you are correct, philosophically, modern satanists stress free thought (as did satan in the garden) and love of self (why else would free thought be stressed as well?). and while i totally agree with that, i tended to stress the ritual because my main concern was to experience interaction with the dark side, in a supernatural sense. but there was nothing dark about it apart from the darkness in my own mind, of course.

there are some satanists who do not even believe in satan as a literal individual. but then again, you will find liberal and conservative people in all religions/spiritual practices.

tetra

• Kaput
    Kaput

Definition of Satanism from The Random House Dictionary of the English Language: 1. the worship of Satan or the powers of evil. 2. a travesty of Christian rites in which Satan is worshipped. 3. diabolical or satanic disposition, behavior, or action.

Hmmm....doesn't say anything about the "self". But then maybe the definition, coming from a forty-yr-old dictionary, is "old light".

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Kaput, I don't doubt that a dictionary would define it that way. I'm speaking from what I know of the actual "Church Of Satan" and "Satanists" which is inconsistant with overt worship of the biblical character of the same name.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm not surprised the dictionary would put superstition above definition. People get an idea in their head and they won't let something like facts confuse them. Why take the word of people that have actually practiced it when you have Webster?

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit