What do you collect?

by winnie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

Sorry, I'm sooo bored at the moment...so I thought it was a good idea to post something that would take up 5 minutes!

I have a collection of books. Robin Cook, Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon and Stephen King are among my favourites. (Do you have any other suggestions? Am always looking for others who have a similar writing style.)

...and we have started collecting the series of Adelaide and Melbourne Grand Prix Ports and programs. We have about half at present.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I used to collect stuffed animals, up through my teen years. I had 150 in all by the time I was ready to give them up.

For books, I recommed Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" and "Emma." These were my favorites long before they were popularized on film.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I collect books, quotations, computer games, and dvds. Most of my books are either motivational, instructional, or contemporary lit. My quotations are almost all motivational. My computer games are mostly role-playing and shooters. My dvds are simpsons, seinfeld, gilligan's island, scrubs, twilight zone, and that '70s show.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"Robin Cook, Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon and Stephen King are among my favourites."

Other authors I would recommend- Susan Taylor Rosenburg (lawyer intrigue)JA Jance (I just like her-mysteries, 2 particular lines cop/detective), Scott Turow (Lawyer).

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I never really collected anything until about 6 years ago. I fell 'in love' with Polish Pottery. It's great because I am not much on being traditional and this fits my style. It's homey, casual, yet beautiful and artistic. I won't bore you with any of the details on how it is made but the history is rather interesting.

If you are totally bored and want to check it out, you can get a glimpse of it on my website at www.OceansideScents.com I love it so much that I had to have my picture taken in front of it.

What a dork. lol

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I collect books-I especially love Little House, but don't collect them, can't afford early ones. I have a lot of very old Louisa May Alcott. I have tons of books of all genres, both personal and for sale. From catholic saints to wiccan spells to law, history,science, computers, art and fiction of all kinds . I am a new fan of Jane Austen.

I also collect teapots (which go well with books!)

Shelly

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I collect knives. Fighting knives, ceremonil knives, ethnic and cultural knives, switch-blades, and swords.

Why, you ask. I have no idea. I started some years ago and well, I guess it's a collection now.

• winnie
    winnie
    Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" and "Emma."

I have these. Both were good, as were the movies.

My favourite shows are comedy shows, such as Kenny v Spenny/Balls of Steel etc. I know it's stupid, but hey...my sense of humour!

I also collect movies like 'The Notebook'...my favourite movie at moment. A real 'box of tissues' movie.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

onlycurious,

What a dork. lol

You think that's dorky?

I collect bento boxes. I only own nine of them, and wasn't going to buy any more because I ran out of room. But one broke, and I'm eyeing a replacement...

Pray for me.

(BTW, onlycurious, your Polish pottery looks lovely.)

gently feral

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

No, I don't think collecting Polish Pottery is dorky. I think the fact that I find this place to be the absolute best place to take a picture is though.

This is silly but I have a special bond with my pottery. It makes me smile in a way I guess. I don't mean to be weird about it but it gets pretty darn dark and gloomy here in Washington and this stuff seems to perk me up a bit. I light candles in the winter a lot and that helps too. You'd have to experience living here to know what I mean. It's flippin' cold and wet here and I am inside almost all the time so I have to have things looking pretty. Polish is pretty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit