uuu2b1 gave me the courage

by skeptic1914 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome skeptic. I was raised a JW and I left it at 18. I was always negative about the JWs until I came to this board two weeks ago. I have a greater appreciation for the words "You like it or you don't" and a greater respect for those who have faith and those who are in the JWs, have been, soon to be and soon not to be. I have been a non believer for 46 years and always will be. I have always accepted what is in my heart and now I can respect what is in others. Follow your heart and if children are involved, tread softly. Forcing spirtual beliefs on children in my opinion can have negative effects.

• pierogi
    pierogi

Hi Skeptic1914!

I'm not active, still technically a JW though. It's really great that your wife is tolerant! Not like when I told my friend who studied with me (about the UN relationship). I told her at lunch and when we drove back to her house I could tell that she had been crying, for ME! Then she told her elder husband and to make a long story short I also said that I couldn't teach people something that I didn't believe. Well, I said I wasn't sure about it because I felt that they wanted me to paint myself into a corner with the questions they asked me. They haven't tried to do anything about it and it's been a year. But THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME, SORRY, I have a tendency to ramble about my experiences.

Anyway, Welcome!!!

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi skeptic 1914

glad you've joined us. We have our ups and downs sarcasm and jokes wise like any big extended family.

welcome

bernadette

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Thank you all for your warm welcome.

"Well, I said I wasn't sure about it because I felt that they wanted me to paint myself into a corner with the questions they asked me. They haven't tried to do anything about it and it's been a year. "

I really believe that attitude of the local body of elders makes a big difference in how "doubts" or "questions" or even what may be taken as "apostate leanings" are handled. The PO in my current cong (I have been told) has doubts/questions of his own. In a cong with "pit-bull" elders someone with same conscientious concerns that I have could end up df'd or da'd. We probably all know of stories like that.

Skeptic1914

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Welcome....I'm a successful fader (so far)! Looking forward to your comments....

Swalker

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, skeptic1914.

Cellist

• proplog2
    proplog2

One of the most decent threads I've seen here.

Come on lurkers. We need fresh blood so some of us addicted can finally go into recovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit