uuu2b1 gave me the courage

by skeptic1914 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I admire you guys who are still active. I sincerely do not know how you do it.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I only do it 'cause of family. I don't want to rock the boat, and I never present anything when I go d2d.

• vitty
    vitty

Hi and a big welcome....................................

• penny2
    penny2

Hi skeptic1914, welcome to JWD. Glad you plucked up the courage to post - we hope to hear lots more from you.

penny2

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi and welcome!

Ex-JW here, but not bitter (anymore) and I am extremely polite to the JW's who come knocking at my door

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings skeptic1914,

Nice to see you've found your way out of the "box." Welcome to JWD

Dismembered

• carla
    carla

Welcome.

your comment-" I have no use for sarcasm about the witnesses." I'm afraid you will see a certain amount of sarcasm here about the wt and jw's. Try to be tolerant of those who are. Many have suffered greatly at the hands of the wt, congs, and elders. Sarcasm can be a way to deal with issues. You can either laugh or cry sometimes and some may have just plain run out of tears by now. Then at times we do discuss the truly ridiculous such as aluminum being of satan, Rutherford suggesting people take 'air baths' , or learning about sex from bovines or some such silly nonsense that the wt used to teach. These silly teachings only beg for sarcasm, what else can you say about them?

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to jwd Skeptic1914.

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

Re: I saw uuus2b1 post and the welcome he received and figured I'd post to...

Hi All,

it gave me chills when I saw how just one post from me can illicit so many positive responses. Especially the above that I saw this morning from sceptic1914...Many thanks to all who unknowingly encouraged me to make the leap. Although I 'came out' I am still a little gun shy about starting new threads, I enjoy reading everyones elses. I feel much the same way as skeptic1914 though...there are good people in the organization who truly mean well, my family included, but I think for most, it will take a monumental event, like death or divorce or separtion in my case to cause one to move away from the forest so that they can see the trees. If you are in there, it will be difficult to think diffently because of the subtle pressure of your peers and the constant barage of information from 5 weekly meetings. I don't want to judge anyone who are "active" but still posting here, but when I was an active elder I would never read anything that was not written by the FDS, I remember peeking at a website once, man...my heart was racing so much that I couldn't get through it. I realise now how much control they had over my mind. Anyway...welcome sceptic1914. I hope you are enjoying your time here as much as I am.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Skeptic1914,

Welcome!

If it is any consolation to you and uuus2b1, the young people in the organization aren't really hanging around for the end of the organization. I am glad that so many young ones are wisely deciding not to waste their lives that way.

The ones who stay with it don't seem to be desiring leadership roles. That is a real forecaster of whether the organization will survive.

I encourage you not to be too hasty to read sarcasm into posts. Some comments may seem sarcastic and be 100% genuine.

For instance, in conversation with one of Jehovah's Witnesses I might mention how sad it is that they do not think for themselves. You could take that to be sarcastic, but when it comes to the Scriptures and spiritual things they don't think for themselves. And it is sad. There are some posters here, however, for whom sarcasm is a mother-tongue. These must be taken with a grain of salt and a rhinoceros' thick hide.

Enjoy the fray!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit