Not aJW, but have a question

by roseybarb 31 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I left because I didn't like the dictatorial system of this organisation, there are a handful of people at the top that will quickly expel anyone that questions their beliefs without ever explaining why their objections are wrong. They claim that they have a god given right not to be subjected to criticism and I think that explains everything about them. If anything is wrong the JWs must wait until they (the GB) realise it and correct it. No one should try to force the process. Meanwhile a lot of harm is being done through such uncorrected errors.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I left primarily because I dared to study the Bible without the WTBTS literature to "guide and interpret" its meaning for me. It didn't take long to figure out that the WTC is in the habit of "going beyond the things written".

They just do not get it- There are rules and laws in the NT, and then there are principles, prophecies, etc.

Rules and laws need no interpretation,

As for principles, prophecies, etc, each Bible Student has the potential to interpret these differently.

The WTBTS attempts to seat itself as God and Mediator, becoming the Anti-Christ and Man of Lawlessness, like every other religion, by stating that if members disagree, on Biblical grounds, with "their interpretation", that one is somehow an "Apostate". Nothing could be further from the truth. The WTBTS are the Apostates, because they go beyond what is written", breaking God's law.

BA- Not my fault that my last name is "Apostate". But, it's kinda catchy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit