People named Jehovah

by I quit! 20 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Has anyone ever come across anyone named Jehovah? I've known a lot of Hispanics that are named Jesus. I went to zabasearch to see what I could find and it looks like there are few people with the family name Jehovah for instance I found a "Henry Jehovah" and a Paulette Jehovah". I wonder in which country that got its start. I also wonder what would happen if a person with that as a family name became a JW. I guess they would insist that you to change it.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

That could create some interesting situations:

Hi, this is Brother and Sister Jehovah!

The Jehovahs are coming for dinner!

Q: Knock, knock. Who is it? A: The Jehovahs.

Honey, those Jehovahs are at the door again!

What if they named their son Jesus?

Or if their son became President of the Watchtower Society?

Lots of possibilities........

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Here's one

Jehovah Wanyonyi

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search For other usages, see Jehovah (disambiguation)

Jehovah Wanyonyi (1924?-) lives in western Kenya, near Mount Elgon that he considers Mount Zion. He claims to be God and deems Jesus Christ to be his son. He also claims to be able to cure AIDS and that he would punish Kenya if they did not give him three billion Kenyan shillings($3.8 million). His religion is called "Lost Israelites." Wanyonyi has 25 wives and 95 children between them. He has several grandchildren. He refuses to say if his children are also sons of God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah_Wanyonyi

• anewme
    anewme

I dont know about people, but one day when I was going door to door, a smart-mouthed young man told me his dog was named "Jehovah".

At the time I didnt think it was very funny, though today I understand the rebel humor better.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Time magazine listed a murder victim named Jehovah Atkins. (Who knew that somebody murdered Jehovah - Atkins, that is ?)

Here's the quote from its 7/17/89 issue:

Jehovah Atkins Jr., 40 Butler County, Ala. His common-law wife shot him in the neck. She claimed he had approached her with a shotgun. She was charged with murder.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,958158-2,00.html

One time the Watchtower magazine claimed that no human could properly be named Jehovah (as if THEY had a patent on it or something).

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Jehovah Wanyonyi (1924?-) lives in western Kenya, near Mount Elgon that he considers Mount Zion. He claims to be God and deems Jesus Christ to be his son. He also claims to be able to cure AIDS and that he would punish Kenya if they did not give him three billion Kenyan shillings($3.8 million). His religion is called "Lost Israelites." Wanyonyi has 25 wives and 95 children between them. He has several grandchildren. He refuses to say if his children are also sons of God.

This Jehovah seems as sane as the other one...

• I quit!
    I quit!
    This Jehovah seems as sane as the other one...

And probably dresses better.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow
    found a "Henry Jehovah" and a Paulette Jehovah". I wonder in which country that got its start. I also wonder what would happen if a person with that as a family name became a JW.

The congregation they belonged to would be able to say that Jehovah was truly in their midst. It would make the Watchtower study and other q&a items interesting as well, if the Jehovahs wanted to answer.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    It would make the Watchtower study and other q&a items interesting as well, if the Jehovahs wanted to answer.

But the best part would be when one of the jehovah's raised their hand....

"Let's hear from Brother Jehovah in the second row."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I heard it would be disrespectful or a sacrilege for somebody to be named Jehovah. Somebody told me a story of somebody who named their dog Jehovah and the dog bit them. (I guess this is a lesson).

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit