Academy Awards Who do you want to win?

by restrangled 17 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

CC,

It will be great to see that tribute and the scenes from those spaghetti westerns that everyone remembers. The music was such a big part of those. I hope clam will be watching. Little talk...lotta action.

r's hubby

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

The Departed for every category it is up for!!! Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Cars for their nominated categories.

I don't think there's a more narcissistic and self-contratulatory bunch of people anywhere.

And the Oscar goes to.............the Jehovah's Witnesses, hands down!

Sorry I couldn't resist.

r's hubby

LOL!!

• parakeet
    parakeet

restrangled: "And the Oscar goes to.............the Jehovah's Witnesses, hands down!"

You couldn't be more right!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Best actor: Leonardo di Caprio (Blood diamond) Best actress: Penelope Cruz (Volver) Best Film: "The departed", or even "Letter from Iwo Jima" it's great to see a battle perpective from the Japanese side.

• restrangled
    restrangled

lonelysheep Great picks! Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Cars for their nominated categories.

Greendawn looking forward to seeing those films. I have become a big Leo fan after Gangs of New York and Aviator.

parakeet Isn't it the TRUTH!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

John Wayne and Marlyn Monroe

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, r. & r.h. -----

I went ahead and turned it on; glad I did, as it was worth it for la musique - "Dream Girls" and Ennio Morricone - and to see Helen Mirren win. Good too for Alan Arkin and Martin Scorsese! I'm totally unfamiliar with all the movies and will absolutely have to spring for a DVD player as nothing goes on tape anymore. My treat for the day, or week, or month...?
    "Sa---aad movies ---- make'a me cry ---- "

Coco

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey Forest and Scorseese won Woo Hoo I like it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit