?? WTF** New BBC show to air claims Jesus tomb has been found

by skyking 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• skyking
    skyking

A new BBC documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected they found ten tombs with the inscriptions names Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua. Plus evidence through DNA tests prove the tombs are Jesus and his extended family. The show will soon air and no doubt cause a S### storm.

Here is the link when you get to the page scroll down to the third article http://time-blog.com/middle_east/

• skyking
    skyking

Here is another link this link is quite big and it asks

+ What exactly was found inside the ossuaries?
    + How can DNA testing confirm marital spouses?
    + How can we know the inscriptions are genuine and not forgeries?
    + Who found the tomb initially and how was it discovered?

alt

alt

Look at this link http://israelitybites.blogspot.com/2007/02/bones-of-jesus-son-uncovered-in.html

It sounds like a sequel to a Da Vinci Code sequel. And just as profitable. The filmmakers express aim is to cross the excitement of Indiana Jones-style tomb raiding with Dan Brown's bold approach to modern theology, all in a 90 minutes.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

How would finding Jesus tomb discredit the Resurrection? There are numerous New Testament references to Jesus being laid in a tomb and a stone enclosure placed at the entrance. What this is claiming is that it is not located where it is thought to be. Currently there are already two locations making the claim to be his tomb. This will make the third. If it can be proved that there are family members buried nearby this would more likely be the spot. Also, saying they have found DNA evidence and proving it are two different things.

At any rate, I will keep an open mind and examine all sides. I remember how excited everyone was over the finding of the James, the brother of Jesus ossuary and how quickly that fizzled out.

• skyking
    skyking

Kenneson I see you did not read the links thanks for posting.

When the show aires on the BBC I will watch and see what it say's. The BBC claim they have proof of Jesus Son and that Jesus was Married and that Jesus lived a very long life. Plus Jesus was rich.

I would love it this was true but for one thing it will stir the religious faith up and this will make for a lot of fun.

• needproof
    needproof

Would the BBC have been so quick to produce something which could offend their precious Muslim friends? But I forgot, its OK to insult Christians on the BBC, but God help us if anybody said the Mohammed's turban had been found in some gutter in Manchester.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

In all these articles, I can't see where it clearly states the title of the documentary. Did I miss it, or maybe it's yet unnamed?

• skyking
    skyking

Just in from the press the Today Show NBC aired a News special about this special it will be aired Sunday Night at 9:00 on the Discovery Station.

The odds were given for the find being true and the Mathematicians that looked at the evidence and gave the find 99% odds that this is real.

This will be fun to watch. Record and I am sure many will be posting about the show monday morning, crying about it and damning the show just as is only's down when someone questions belief.

• meglet44
    meglet44

I watched it and found it fascinating and very credible. And no, it in no way fouled up my faith in God. My boyfriend (who was raised by Witnesses) thought the premise was heresy and fell directly to sleep. *rolls eyes*

m.

• Mary
    Mary

I watched the first half of it last night. The second half airs on Saturday night. It's interesting. I'm sure there's probably lots they're not saying, but so far it seems intriguing. I still find it incredibly difficult to believe though, that none of the archaeologists who originally examined these ossuaries in 1980, thought the inscription "Jesus, son of Joseph" very notible.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I still find it incredibly difficult to believe though, that none of the archaeologists who originally examined these ossuaries in 1980, thought the inscription "Jesus, son of Joseph" very notible.

Mary...I'm sure it generated comment, but bear in mind that this is not the first "Jesus son of Joseph" ossuary inscription discovered by archaeologists... in 1931, E. L. Sukenik found another such example with the name inscribed in Aramaic. "Jesus" and "Joseph" are among the most common names in ossuaries, and clusterings of biblical names are not uncommon. For instance, in 1873, M. Clermont-Ganneau reported discovering ossuaries for the following people at a tomb near ancient Bethany: Salome, Judas, Simeon son of Jesus, Martha, Eleazar (i.e. Lazarus in Greek), Jesus, Nathaniel, Jesus, and Mary. All these names occur in the gospels and the gospel of John even mentions a Mary, Martha, and Lazarus living in Bethany. But there is no more evidence identifying these people with NT personages than there is for the people buried at the Talpiot tomb. Even in the statistics used in the program to compute clustering probability estimated the name "Jesus son of Joseph" as occurring in 1 out of every 190 men...it was not at all unusual.

The odds were given for the find being true and the Mathematicians that looked at the evidence and gave the find 99% odds that this is real.

This is a gross distortion of what the statistics were about...the statistician used in the program has a disclaimer on his website explaining that this claim (made unfortunately by the people behind the program) misrepresents the probability tests that he used: http://fisher.utstat.toronto.edu/andrey/OfficeHrs.txt

For more info, see the discussion in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/129923/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit