My first post!

by Crafty Lady 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I like it when people can make some money on their crafts. When we were little kids in Queens, I'd make potholders at the rec program after school (the loops were free) and then I'd sell them to the ladies in the neighborhood.

LOL, Crafty! I did that when I was a kid and I let my kids do it, too! Small world!

Frannie

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I enjoy doing crafts such as knitting, sewing, stamping, cross stitching, etc.

I love to knit and I just learned to crochet a couple weeks ago. Welcome to the forum looking foreward to more of your posts :)

• JH
    JH

Welcome Crafty Lady

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Welcome. Look forward to hearing more from you.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Crafty?

Nice to have you crafting around.

W.Once

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nice to hear from you - I don't think of myself as crafty, but I like to knit socks - small projects, easily portable, infinitely variable.

• juni
    juni

Welcome Crafty to the forum!!

I used to sew a lot - everything from motorcycle seats and upholstery to kids' and women's clothing and men's coats.

Is Racquet Lake in the 5 Finger Lake area?? We used to camp there. My husband is from Long Island.

Thanks for joining us.

Juni

• Numinous
    Numinous

Hi Crafty! I am also a very new poster, but I have been looking in the window at this gang's party for years. There are some wonderful people here. I really enjoy what they have to say. Look forward to hearing from you!

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Thanks for the poem Abandoned--I remember that song.

Hi, Juni. I've heard of Racquet Lake. It's not in the Finger Lakes. I think (?) it's in the Lake Placid area.

I've never knitted socks--that heel part looks so complicated. Maybe a class at a knitting store would help. Today I made an apron for my daughter-in-law. It's print material and I put pockets on it. Even though the pockets were cut from a different part of the fabric, they exactly match the print where they were placed on the apron. My sister was quite impressed. She said she couldn't even tell there were pockets until she looked closely. That was a happy little accident--I couldn't probably do that again if I tried. Although I like doing lots of different things, I'm not very expert at any of them.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Crafty

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Welcome Crafty Lady!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit