My first post!

by Crafty Lady 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Hi everyone. I've been reading a while and decided to join in.

My JW experience: My mom got hooked during a vulnerable period (marriage split up). We went to a couple of congregations in Queens, NY, and then moved to the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY. I've been out for a long time now, but enjoy reading the posts. Luckily no family members stayed in so it was relatively easy to leave. That's one of the reasons I chose Crafty Lady as my name. We're all pretty "crafty" for leaving that cult! Also, I enjoy doing crafts such as knitting, sewing, stamping, cross stitching, etc.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Crafty

• Caine
    Caine

welocome crafty,

hope you enjoy all the forum has to offer

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

WELCOME! Wifey is also from upstate NY (Rochester area).

Outaservice

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum crafty lady, you were lucky in that all your family members left the borg otherwise they would be shunning you now. The JWs often catch in their nets people going through a troubled time when they are emotionally upset and insecure.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Welcome Crafty Lady!! Glad to have you join us. Hope to hear more from ya!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hi, Crafty Lady! Welcome to the JWD forum! So glad you decided to jump in...the "water's fine" here!

I'm a crafter, too, CL. I create crocheted designs and patterns and plan to eventually start my own website to sell the design patterns.

Frannie

• RAF
    RAF

Welcome ...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'd like to welcome you to the forum, Crafty Lady, with an old favorite:

Crafty, Crafty, bo-brafty
    Banana-fana fo-frafty
    Fee fi mo-mrafty
    Crafty!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Welcome to the forum. And don't worry, despite Abandoned's 'poem', we're not all completely insane. :)

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Thanks for the welcome!

Outaservice--my son lives in Rochester (small world). He works at Strong Hospital.

Frannie, I like it when people can make some money on their crafts. When we were little kids in Queens, I'd make potholders at the rec program after school (the loops were free) and then I'd sell them to the ladies in the neighborhood.

Crafty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit