Do you Sudoku?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2think
    free2think

Here are a few for you BSoM. There are loads on google search.

Have fun!

www.sudokumaster.com

www.websudoku.com

www.websudoku.com/deluxe

www.sudoku.com

• jgnat
    jgnat

Solved!

(I couldn't help myself)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Dobbie: See, this is interesting. My husband is just incredible talented with numbers and math anything. So, imagine my surprise when the other night we're talking about this and he says he just cannot get into it. He loves crosswords and other puzzles, but this is too confusing and boring for him! Me? Let's put it like this, I barely made it through algebra 1 in highschool. But this is simply fascinating. I think it's more the idea of patterns that has me going and putting the patterns together.

JGnat: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one hooked line and sinker. It is really hard to put down once I get started!

JwEx: Yep, I think I am too. I need my daily dose of Suduko. Although I keep mispelling the dang thing, and have to go back and correct it, lol.

ExWit: Nope, don't have that. Is that the newest Nintendo?

Thanks LtCmdr for the link, although I'm not reading it til I finish it. Cleaning house at the moment and checking in on the board for a coffee break.

Aww thanks F2T! I really appreciate all those links! How cool!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup love em

did 2 already today

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I live in the other side of my brain, where numbers and arithmatic are another language. So for a LONG time I did not pick up anything to even try Soduku. Then one day I decided to give it a try. Without fail at first its very difficult. But the longer I play I find it easier and easier. I have heard that this type of mental stimulation is very good for your brain in terms of staving off mental decline like dementia and alzheimers. Don't know if they have any data on that, but they always say the brain is like any other muscle - if you don't use it you lose it. Its really a lot of fun.

Don't let the "math" scare you, I don't solve mine that way, I tend to do it more like a pattern or in a visual way. You never know, you may just like it.

Sherry

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, Sudoku is about patterns, not math.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Tijkmo: I did like 4 pages in this book before I got my day started, and even then I had to tear myself away, lol.

Sherry: I heard the same thing. Stimulating the brain is a great way to exercise its muscle. I can see why! It makes your brain really work. I love the feeling of finishing one or two and seeing the pattern that came together. I get a sort of high. Hm, does this make me a nerd now ()?

• Jourles
    Jourles

They must have powdered cocaine in those sudoku books cuz I can't stop doing them. If you have Verizon Wireless, you can download VZW's Sudoku for your phone(GetItNow). I only play the "master" ones and my best time is 9:48. My next best two times are in the 10's. It almost seems impossible to break that 10 mark. I think the game gave me a fluke "sensei" puzzle and that's why I got under 10 minutes.

So yes, Sudoku phreak here as well.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Am I the only person who hasn't seen or heard of that before now? I'm going to look for one next time I go to the store.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Exwitless says

I love Sudoku. My son has Brain Age for the Nintendo DS, and it has a ton of Sudoku puzzles in it. I've finished all the basic and intermediate puzzles. I have about 7 advanced ones I need to finish.

OK how did you get to the advanced level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit