COMF: Who's still here?

by COMF 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I remember you from the old H2O Board.

Captain of my Fate, right?

You were articulate and a joy to read. You are one of the few I remember from that board by name. "You Know" is another.

Best wishes.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I too remember you from the old H2O board in 1997 and 1998. My nic back then was DaveTN or DaveTenn, I cant remember which. Good to see you again here.------Dave

• alamb
    alamb

I remember you on H20 when I was lurking. Nice to hear from you again!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Raises my hand!!!!! I do I do!.So glad your here...Also that AA was a benifit (((HUGS)) Do you remember ME!!! I am the granny that upsets some on being Mouthy I was also on H2O

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello there COMF! Good to "see" you again.

ExJW sites are almost as addictive as drugs. Don't let your therapy become an addiction.

That's one reason that I too took an extended leave of absense from JWD (about the only ex-JW board I've ever posted on)....some might say I could have please stayed away a bit longer! LOL

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hey COMF,

I remember ya.

I agree with what you said. Your therapy can become your addiction, but at the same time there are no better "experts" to help newbie ex-JWs than those of us who have been through the experience. Who is going to help the newbie ex JW?

I met an attorney one time that said he had to end a deposition by 6:30 because he had to go to an AA meeting. We got to talking about support groups and I mentioned JWD. I asked him how long he'd been in AA. 23 years was his answer. I was really surprised. I asked him if he felt he still needed it to keep from drinking after all that time. He said no, but that he loved helping others. "I love those guys" is what he said. The man was one of those types that exudes peace, and compassion and grace. Really kind man, and we had an enjoyable discussion about his experiences and mine.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Eventually, I had to let even that go, for my own sanity. 12 years in the cult, 10 years acting out as a result, 6 years of therapy on exJW sites, and finally I reached a point where I could let it all go.

ExJW sites are almost as addictive as drugs. Don't let your therapy become an addiction.

Thanks heaps for this post. The next step is living a life. It can scare the hell out of ya, thats where I am now. Thanks for your post, it encourages me.

purps

• Xena
    Xena

Hey Comf, I remember you. One of the first apostates I met in person. Nice to "see" you again.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

From the days of H2O, still here. This is not an addiction, but intertainment for me!

Outaservice

Whatever happened to that great poster.........Fred, something? The JW apologist.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gracie:

Raises my hand!!!!! I do I do!.So glad your here...Also that AA was a benifit (((HUGS)) Do you remember ME!!! I am the granny that upsets some on being Mouthy I was also on H2O

Gracie, I think that you've well-paid for the right to be "mouthy." And thank you for your kindnesses to me in your p/m. Though I no longer share the life-perspective about prayer to God that you find so satisfying (and I don't mean to in any way come across as "discounting" you on that), it's the 'person-to-person' aspect of what you share, and how you suggest things, that matters the most to me. COMF, I suspect that you didn't start this thread with the intention of getting into a discussion about AA, or alcohol addiction (in fact, I'd totally forgotten that you'd been through those experiences). I'm of a mind to share some of my own experiences in that regard...would you be willing to allow me to share them here? Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit