COMF: Who's still here?

by COMF 37 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, ya'll. I left JW's voluntarlily in 1987, still believing but thinking something was wrong with me that caused Jehovah to reject me in spite of my best effforts. After that it was "let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die". Eventually, I didn't die, so I got into alcoholic recovery, and in the process learned a lot about the JW religion, and all those other religions as well. Guess what...

In 1996 I discovered my first JW alternative website. It took me six monthis of reading, arguing and reasoning before I finally realized that the JW religion was all a hoax. That realization was devastating to me, and it took quite a while for me to work through the rammifications to the eventual ultimate conclusion... so were the rest of the Christian religions... and carry it on... so were the non-Christian religions (buddhism, islam, etc), and so were the pagan religions (forgive me, goddess, but...) aw, darn it. they were all bullshit.

I spent a long, long time here on these ex-JW sites adjusting and trying to cope, drawing strength from numbers of those like me. Some coped a lot quicker than I did, and moved on to other lives, other beliefs. Others, like me, were deeply scarred and needed closure; we wanted to take the Watchtower down simply to give our sense of foolishness and betrayal a respectable end.

Eventually, I had to let even that go, for my own sanity. 12 years in the cult, 10 years acting out as a result, 6 years of therapy on exJW sites, and finally I reached a point where I could let it all go.

ExJW sites are almost as addictive as drugs. Don't let your therapy become an addiction.

So... who's still here that remembers me?

COMF

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I remember you thought I was stuck up. LOL!
    Welcome back, COMF. :)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I guess I'm it.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Kind of echoey in here eh.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I see you moved to Albania.

How's that workin' for ya?

LOL

me very tired going to sleep now.
    Again, welcome back COMF!
    That was a nice surprise to see you.

Made me smile. :)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Oh but first, one more thing...
    thanks for sharing your story.
    Nicely abbreviated.
    Takes guts.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Me! Me!

Finally, someone who knows the value of a woman with curvature! LOL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hiya buddy, I remember you well, and its good to see ya again

There's a party going on in Dallas over the weekend of the 5/6th May, are ya coming?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day from downunder, COMF. Remember me? I'm still around but the 'real life' takes more of my time these days. Still, it's nice to 'see' old friends.

Be happy.

Ozzie (of Freedom lovers class)

• blondie
    blondie

I remember you too. I was just a newbie when you were an oldtimer. Thanks for stopping by. Sit down and rest awhile.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit