The WTS society admits that the door to door ministry is inefficient

by cultswatter 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The futility of the ministry is one of the many things that caused me to begin to question things. The accompanying contradictions only compounded this. For example , if no one listens and no one is at home it's ok because we're still proving Satan a liar. Huh? But later one is asked how Jehovah is blessing their ministry meaning how many studies, r.v.'s, literature placements, etc.

In one breath the organization tells the workers not to be concerned about the overwhelming lack of response to their efforts- that the success of the ministry is not determined by the results obtained. In the next breath they're bragging about how all the "increases" in disciples and literature distribution are clear, unequivocal evidence of Jehovah's rich blessing. (Excuse me, I just vomited a little in my mouth.) Articles bashing other religions state clearly that a large membership in no way, shape, or form is any indication of God's seal of approval. I'm so confused. Oh wait, that's just how Mother wants it.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Is it inefficient for the WTS if you spend 100$ a month for them going from door to door?

witnesses are know, growing, when you go door to door you advertize for them, like a walkig advertizement

ineffective? Not really.
    It keeps the publisher busy very effectively. No time for worldly things. 'good' company only. The feeling you are doing somethnig well. Keeps them so close to the organisation. Easily checked the obediance of the publishers. Quick to know when publicher are goinf in the "wrong" direction. Very effectively. Very effectively indeed

DB

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Inefficient ? No Way ! , not for the Borg, only for daft so and so's like us who actually did it.

Manpower is free to the WTS so it really does not matter if an extraordinary amount is used. In fact it beneficially keeps the r and f busy and committed, like the animals building the windmill in "Animal Farm".. So it takes thousands of calls to make one convert? It is not their time is it?

BTW Gary's link was an eye opener - are there schisms appearing in the ranks? something that the borg would never believe possible. These people seem to have been upset by the new light on Rom.13 in 1962 - and decided to go there own way....

• zack
    zack

I beleive they will roll out a new money making scheme. This NEW WT "arrangement" is only part of it. I suspect that more literature will be "for the Public"

and more "for the flock." No charge for literature meant for the public. A charge for literature meant for the flock. Also, a little known dirty secret is that the WT

SELLS Bibles to ANY Bible Society or Church(gasp!) that requests an order. With over 360 million dollars invested in new presses with a life ccycle of 30 years,

you can bet they HAVE ALREADY planned how to make money.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am sure they know it is inefficient but I think they cling to it for several reasons:

1. It is their "claim to fame" in the public eye. This is the most important thing, I feel. Maybe they are afraid if they stop the door to door work the world will say the JWs "gave up". They might be afraid of people saying this.

2. Control of publishers - this way you will be "visible" to them.

3. Repetition - by pubs saying the same thing over and over to people they are "convincing" or "brainwashing" themselves.

LHG

• Triple A
    Triple A

Parakeet,

I agree that it is about both, but I think today the main reason is control.

Another thought is that at one time the leaders had to go door to door, so now the new ones must do the same.

Triple A

• Triple A
    Triple A

Zack,

Your post reminded me of when they asked Ray Kroc what business McDonalds was in. His responce was the Real Estate, hamburgers were just the means of aquiring real estate.

The WTS sure owns real estate. They just need to find the means to acquire more.

Triple A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit