The WTS society admits that the door to door ministry is inefficient

by cultswatter 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Look at what the scans below say. That publishers spend considerable gas and insurance and time to go from door to door to place the odd magazine or book. In reality the JW publisher is footing the whole bill and then some.

The JW publisher has to spend about 100 dollars per month for every dollar from donations received for literature sold at the door.. I know this to be true as I used to flog books at the door. I think that I only sold 3 books in a 2 year period so the 100 dollar amount is actually a low figure.

The WTS could switch to a TV or internet ministry but then the poor dubbies would not have anything to do. It is dubbies who directly finance the WTS through donations wills trusts etc. Take away the dubbies and you take away a major source of WTS income

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/images/84c.gif

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/images/84d.gif

I 'm so glad that I 'm out of dubland and my car is lasting longer these days as I don't do the stop and go driving that door to door work requires.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Oh, we can't just go and change things. A book thats 2000 years old told everyone the final answer on how to efficiently carry out the ministry.

• garybuss
    garybuss

It looks like there just might be 60,000 or so Witnesses who don't think much of the current literature printing company either. I can't say I blame them.

http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/

• Triple A
    Triple A

Is it really about book sales or is about controlling the membership?

• barbar
    barbar

I have always thought that the door to door ministry is for 3 reasons.

1. To get new converts.

2. To stand out from other religions, they like to be different

3. And I think the main one, is to force the witnesses to defend their faith. Even if they don't believe it, when a householder raises an objection they are forced to come back with the societies standard response. Thereby reinforcing the idea in their own own head.

And can you beleive it, I actually managed to get paragraphs formatted in this text.

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

In my mind the bottom line is this: Jesus command is to make disciples-period. It is not to go door to door. When you read the bible accounts of the first century you find that the apostles and disciples spent long periods of time doing other things than the public ministry. They traveled, worked, spoke with other people, but were not constantly preaching. They apparently had lives, although worship was the cnterpiece of thoes lives after conversion. Today the WTBTS wants a person not to have a life but to attend five meetings a week, conduct personal or family study in the off hours, and be in service on Saturday and Sunday. It is a control policy as far as I am concened, and not an immitation of the first century christian congregation.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

There is much much better ways to 'spread' the word or 'marketing' as we call in in the real world.

The internet for one... but they dont want that to happen do they? Not when the truth about the truth is out there.... so they enforce the need to go from door to door (Jesus didnt have the internet did he??) to keep the flock in control and under the thumb.

• zack
    zack

The Bible doesn't focus on anything that any of the "holy" ones did except the spiritual things related to worship. That's because it's a book whose

purported purpose is "spiritual". A digest on golf doesn't focus on tennis. A book on boats doesn't focus on bridge building.

What the WTS does is take a book like the Bible and insist that a person's life revolve around it to the exclusion of most everything else. This is why

the burden is so heavy for the average dub, not because of the Bible but because of the WTS.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Triple A: "Is it really about book sales or is about controlling the membership?"

It's probably about both -- controlling (and increasing) the membership is how the WTS derives its income and its power. No members = No money.

• Gayle
    Gayle

In a clip on the "Knocking" the director asked if there's a lot of extra footage on the DVD,,he with humor said something like sure especially on the door to door parts they did,,"because nobody's home" and he laughed & the Q&A audience (I think were mostly JWs) laughed,(because they know it's true). was sick they don't see that "fully" about the waste of time & energy and production.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit