Have you noticed?

by SPAZnik 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Core88
    Core88

The reason you may be hearing that the end is "very very very, near." is because it is, at least for the elderly men in charge of sending out that shit. And Handsom Dan, I grew up hearing how my mom and dad now in there late 60's have both been in a mental institution and had shock treatments. And now as of last week my sister tryed to kill herself with an overdose of you sleeping pills and anti-depressent medication!!! She is now in a metal hospital. As for me I have had allot of stress since leaving and have noticed different personality's in my self. So yes the mental state of many in the JW org, or at least with the more devout, is not good! Pray for that to change, I know I do. Corey

• Core88
    Core88

The reason you may be hearing that the end is "very very very, near." is because it is, at least for the elderly men in charge of sending out that shit. And Handsom Dan, I grew up hearing how my mom and dad now in there late 60's have both been in a mental institution and had shock treatments. And now as of last week my sister tryed to kill herself with an overdose of you sleeping pills and anti-depressent medication!!! She is now in a metal hospital. As for me I have had allot of stress since leaving and have noticed different personality's in my self. So yes the mental state of many in the JW org, or at least with the more devout, is not good! Pray for that to change, I know I do. Corey

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Sorry to hear about your family Corey, this is all too common unfortunately with jws, there seems to be a profile of depression, anxiety and self esteem isues..

It is a mentally sickening religion, the sad overwhelming part of all of this is it was started by bunch of crooked

power seeking men who intentionally created an element of fear with the intent to bring power toward themselves and to help the circulation of their money gaining publications.

If you can you should try and make that known to your family members and once this is accomplished they can start a recovery process.....good luck and all the best.......Dan.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

What kind of hateful god would send out the most vital message in man's history through an organization that has lost nearly all their credibility due to false prophecy? Wouldn't that amount to God setting up most of mankind for failure?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    Has anyone else heard of a recent push toward the "very very very end"?

Oh, yes.... On the phone connection to the meeting, I heard a traveling Circuit Overseer give the comment that "We are in the last MINUTES of this old system of things." --Not the last 'days,' but the last minutes.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I was told by a jw that because the end is so near they are inviting everyone door to door to attend the memorial this year. They have gotten the believers all excited that this is the last memorial. Yet they announce that the watchtower will go to seperate issues for public and publishers in 2008. They also continue to build and buy and sell property.

Same old same old. They don't have a clue about the end of the world, just keeping the jws motivated and too frightened to leave.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Dirty marketing strategy isn't............assholes

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The end was so near that I went to serve at Bethel in 1990, got married and left but kept pioneering because it was sooooooo near! Then the generation change happened and suddenly, the urgency was gone for many people. The pioneer ranks dropped, many went to college and vocational schools because you could now do it "legally". Now the WT is trying to reverse all of that and higher education is "bad" again and the end is so very near.. According to the GB Jehovah clearly can't make up his mind.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

After noticing how other cults religions encourage their parishioneers to be career oriented and educated, it is odd how the JW's want everyone depending on them for EVERYTHING. Now, possibly there is a lack of cash. If everyone is not well paid, there will be less cash infusion into the org. Even the mormons have colleges and are in politics. The witnesses are so far behind.

No educated / intelligent person will ever be dedicated. They will see through the BS.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Oh, yes.... On the phone connection to the meeting, I heard a traveling Circuit Overseer give the comment that "We are in the last MINUTES of this old system of things." --Not the last 'days,' but the last minutes.

That means at least 120 seconds. Wow....that should buy another 5 years...............

............then, we are in the last seconds of..................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit