Have you noticed?

by SPAZnik 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Funny stuff aquagirl ........I did the same thing after I left, it is inportant after all to keep the slaves as slaves you know or the Kingdom might crumble

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Brother Apostate - (I love your screen name haha just noticed it). voluntary alzheimers eh! good one

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

r's hubby - that's such a good point. funny, when I was in, I was so narrow in my focus that I didn't even see that obvious perspective. the term genocide really drives it home. I now see the parallel between the Nazi's puritanical ways. It is so good to be free of these blinders and realize how unloving this "organization known for their love" (even if they do say so themselves) really is in the very core of their bedrock. it is faulty. not love at all.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

aquagirl - haha, "since Christ was in second grade". cute.
    the whole thing seems obsessive-compulsive, no? unnatural. militant. inhumane. lately I've been thinking it's like misogyny but for the whole of humanity. what's that word?...misanthropy.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

aquagirl

ps - I love it when people are at such a healthy place since leaving that they can come or go or interact with the jdubs they love or even go to a meeting or not and it's manageable with humour. Hats off to ya. :)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yo spaz! how's things?

i hear rumours all the time about what people in the org feel is happening. the nature of cults is that they work up to something, even unconsciously as a group, that is going to mean something for them. sad.

but fear not, the force is strong with some. ;)

tetra

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Handsome Dan - It's good to hear you are in a good place. Very encouraging. I'm only 7 years "out", all tolled. I imagine the whole thing will have less and less an impact as time goes on and clarity of my own opinions/arguments/thoughts/feelings about the entire schmozz will continue to develop and strengthen over time. :)

About your comment re the JW belief about all religion coming down...sometimes I wonder about this topic, because JWs are not the only ones that see a trend toward people leaving religion, or needing it less. Of course, I'm not talking about a persecution driven shift, just a general trend. Many, not all by any stretch, but many seem to be expressing a view away from what they see (and sometimes deride) as Religious "Myth" and toward what they seem to see as "Absolute Truth" Pure "Science". In the last century alone, "Science and Technology" have blasted off, and "religion" seems as often a social club as anything else. To me, this flies in the face of the JW conviction, in that possibly religion has already fallen in the minds of many. (maybe I'm projecting? haha) Generally, people seem quite complacent about religion and hardly up to "bringing it down". Maybe it's the way JWs word it that seems psychotic. It seems like this hugely nurtured conspiratorial FEAR. A black and white DEATH TO RELIGION mentality rather than a natural evolution of cultural values and definitions. Then again, like you seem to suggest, it also seems like religion as we know it will never "end", it is simply a(n old fashioned?) tool for value building?

I dunno. (From a buddhist viewpoint?) it definitely seems psychotic at worst, humorous at best to compulsively run around like Chicken Little insisting in "the falling" of things. Duh! Everything ends and begins at every moment. "That's life!!", no? :)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

hi ya tetra -

thx for askin', things iz good! for you too, i trust. :)

thanks for the succinct comment. yummy food for thought. i think it applies just as much to the thread about predicting the future. anyway, not that it matters right now, much fun to speculate and wonder.

i am reminded of having seen a guy conspicously walking around carrying a sign that boldly announces:

"WE'RE ALL DYING!!!!"

it was funny. among other things.

zaps :)

• DJK
    DJK

Tetra, that was funny. The force IS strong and considering what people have been known to do as a group, ( I.E. mass suicides) it's also very scary.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

for me its not the end - life is just beginning - I'm still in the infancy of life and I am still shocked that they look with relish to the end. I never ever wanted to live in a paradise earth -I love the earth and the people on it the way they are. So I always knew i was satan's!

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit