My gran died/first meeting with my whole family since father's admission

by Wolfgirl 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to hear about your loss. My grandmother passed this month. She wasn't a
    JW, but some in the family are. I did the eulogy, it was totally not JW style.

I am happy to hear that some family connection was still there for you.
    Sorry to hear the rest. You can be strong later. Mourn any way you need to, now.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((Wolfgirl)))) I'm so sorry you went through all this. I hope you heal faster than you think you will.

Frannie

• Jourles
    Jourles

(((wolfgirl))) I know exactly how you felt. I just went through a very similar situation last month with my grandpa dying. Luckily, I only had my dad and an elder to confront. The rest of my family in IA are not jw's.

After reading what you wrote, I couldn't believe how close to home it hit.

• anewme
    anewme

Wolfgirl, it makes me smile to know there are such good daughters and grandaughters as you.
    And you have come from such an unhappy past.

Stay strong Wolfgirl, ultimately a happy future awaits such a wonderful girl!

Anewme

• anewme
    anewme

ps. you dont need to go into any details of your past here Wolfgirl. I think we all know what sadness goes on these days.

Anewme

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((((Wolfgirl))))))))))))) I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it was so brave of you to face them all and you did it with such dignity, which is more then I can say for how they acted towards you.

free

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

(((((((((Wolfgirl))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are such a wonderful granddaughter to your Papi! I'm sure those homemade meals and the small details you took care for him mean the world to him right now.

GGG

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Thank you all for your words of kindness. It's sad how many of us are going through this. I am fortunate that my grandparents have never been JWs and have always been there for me.

what your father did to you, that he seemed to half-admit?

My father previously admitted to sexually abusing me, although his admission and my memories don't match. My parents were both physically and emotionally abusive too, my mother moreso than my father.

I am pretty open about my past, so if you look through my topic history, somewhere near the beginning of my time here, you'll see my story.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Wolfgirl,

You handled yourself with much more dignity than I could muster under those circumstances. Losing a loved one is hard enough. My deepest condolences and thoughts are with you and your family.

X.

• bubble
    bubble

You are in my thoughts Wolfgirl. XXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit