Is the GB "Christ"?

by Doug Mason 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Moggylover:

After reading through what you wrote, I vaguely remember hearing something like this but not too much was made of it. It doesn't sound as if there is a scriptural basis to this and it definitely does sound like they are elevating themselves to a place which is not theirs. While I was active, the topic of "anointed" used to make my eyes glaze over because how can anybody prove they are anointed?? It cannot be proven, therefore, you would have to take their word for it. So, saying they are part of "the Christ" is disturbing because it is the ultimate arrogance and presumptuousness to elevate yourself to the level of Jesus. (Even if this WERE so, shouldn't somebody wait for Jesus Christ to acknowledge them rather than proudly assert it themselves?) This, along with the belief that the new testament is only written for the anointed, bothered me also. Why even read it if it is not meant for me?? They have insinuated themselves between the average person and Jesus.

Surely, no JW should be expected to accept these things as an article of faith and I wonder if the average JW is really aware of what they mean.

LHG

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Claiming to be "anointed" is "not" good enough for the Watchtower. Please note who and what they claim here! They not only claim to be a "Prophet" because of being "part" of the body of Christ, they also claim they will give life, restore perfection, and that the title of "EverlastingFather," also applies to them as well as every other title of Christ! Watchtower-1888-February-p.1007 "Since the overcomers of the Gospel age...are to be so closely identified with their Lord and Head Christ Jesus, as to be called "members of his body," "his bride" and his joint heirs, it is evident that they with him, and by virtue of the ransom which he gave, are to be members inparticular of that great Prophet and Life-giver, and will share in the work of life-giving,restoring thedead and dying world to perfection; hence the term Everlasting Father, as well as every other title of the Head, is to be shared by his joint-heirs and co-workers." http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?128fs2747293.jpg Nevada-

• heathen
    heathen

1888 , they were not officially Gods chosen channel of communication . The dogma states it wasn't until 1918 or there abouts that the WTBTS gets the nod of approval .Invisibly of course. The dogma of theirs of God having always a channel is not supported in the bible . Jesus is recorded as saying ,"jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fullfilled". Luke 21:24 That to me means that pure worship would not be restored until then ,since jerusalem was the center for true worship.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

heathen:

Thank you for your comments, however, Russell made an "official" statement in "private" conversation that he was "the channel" or "faithful and wise servant".

Russell was the channel! Remember? Though Pastor Russell passed beyond the veil, he was still managing every feature of the work. So, there was a channel before 1918!

http://www.watchman.org/jw/anointd1.htm The Watchtower claimed "though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the Harvest work. `THE WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY is the greatest corporation in the word, because from the time of its organization until now the Lord has used it as His channel though which to make known the Glad Tidings'" (Finished Mystery, p. 144).

What Was the Original Channel?

Originally the Society taught that the faithful and wise servant was not a class of people but oneindividual man - their founder, Charles Taze Russell (Studies in the Scriptures: The Finished Mystery Vol. 7, pp. 4-5; Watchtower, 1 May 1922, pp. 131-32).

Nevada-

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

People, again I must thank you for your thoughtful contributions.

I was very concerned about making this "post", worrying about the responses I might receive.

But you have excelled yourselves and helped me greatly. I now know a LOT more.

Thank you,

Doug
    Melbourne

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

It is quite disturbing that it seems likely that this old 'mystery' teaching is about to be revived at the 2007 DCs. It should be an alarm signal to those few JW's remaining that actually pay close attention to what Jesus said. Specifically Matthew 24: 23-26:

"Then if anyone says to you, 'Look! Here is the Christ,' or, 'There!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. Look! I have forewarned you. Therefore, if people say to you, 'Look! He is in the wilderness,' do not go out; 'Look! He is in the inner chambers,' do not believe it."

JW's should have a very serious think about Jesus' words here if the proclamation is about to be made that the GB and the 'faithful slave' are 'the Christ' together with Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit