2006 CD ROM

by stillajwexelder 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Honestly, I doubt that the WTS has the technical capability to embed a spy tool into the program.

The thing that would catch it would be a software firewall. Does the program require or request net access? If so, stay away, if not it doesn't matter if they are taking pictures of you with your webcam, they have nowhere to send it.

Really, their previous digital offerings have been really, really poor. I wonder if they outsourced this version overseas?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    TMS schedule is in and when you click on it it comes up with the material.

These are the same folks who put the fear of God into people who shared
    this information with each other to save time. Now it's right there, a click
    away.

A bold prediction- when the printing presses shut down WAY OFF IN THE
    FUTURE because there isn't enough money to continue, they will have the
    dubs print old articles from their CD-ROM for the sunday study. They can't
    go too far back because of the changing "light" but less than 10 years should
    be good. As a matter of fact, less than 5 years, and dubs will feel that it is
    a countdown to Armageddon. Expect this change within 20 years. Remember
    that you read it here, first.

• Neo
    Neo

stilla,

What is the WT Reader for?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not quite sure what Reader is for - but is definitely enhanced software. If I click on Control Panel and add/remove programs, it says WT Reader would save over 1000 megabytes - but clicking on Windwos Explorer shows the CD-ROM is only 440 MB - so either very compressed files or my computer is screwed.

• VM44
    VM44

Isn't the WT Reader the person who reads the Watchtower each Sunday at the Kingdom Hall?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit