Why didn't someone warn me?

by slimboyfat 18 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My God I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Why didn't someone warn me there was going to be a talk on "how to identify an apostate" tonight?

Well I am just lucky the brother didn't mention the tell tale signs of firstly, clutching your chest at the surprise when you hear title of the talk, then grabbing hold of the seat like you are on a nose-diving airplane for its duration. Going uncontrollably red with in the face was another signal. Thank goodness the brother stuck to some dreary scriptures to make his point rather than outlining obvious visible manifestations. (Along the lines of: "apostates often go bright red in the congregation when these matters are discussedfrom the platform, or suddenly need the toilet") Otherwise I would surely have been rumbled.

Any other apostates out there caught out by tonight's talk? Think it was a deliberate ploy to flush us out?

So please, for the sake of my poor old heart, do give us a warning next time.

Slim

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Slim you missed the post. A poster here got the assigned talk and was asking about how he should handle it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ya sure you're a real apostate? You gotta listen carefully to those talks to see if you really qualify. It ain;t easy, yanno - study, books, believing evolution, etc.

S

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Hey Slim there is a talk tonight at the local KH on apostasy. You are welcome.

abr

• mia_b
    mia_b

lmao i can just imagine it even if i dont know what u look like! glad i dont go anymore!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Slim, sweetie, have you not been reading the board this week?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

lol slimboyfat, that was funny! Well at least you made it through and your here to tell about it.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Why didn't someone warn me there was going to be a talk on "how to identify an apostate" tonight?

you don't look up frequently your yearly TMS schedule, do you?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Do semi-apologists get just one side red, or all pink?

• RAF
    RAF

First of : not believing or no following the JW organisation or doctrine is not being an Christian apostate (maybe it's being a JW apostate which is not the same at all and therefore maybe have a chance to be a real christian without their bulleshiting self doctrine).

Second of : Their definition of Apostasy in the reasonning book is Anti-Christ (they take Christ's place - it is not any organisation that any have to recognise it's Christ and only Christ for what he means spiritually as a leader) and more over, just from having put their very personnal definition of apostasy they are Apostates (the GB) biblically in facts !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit