I found some books! What did you do with yours?

by SacrificialLoon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I knew I had some so I was looking in some boxes and found a few including the super deluxe NWT bible with the cross references. On one hand I'm tempted to throw em all out, but on the other I feel like keeping them, maybe as some kind of demented memento. On the other other hand it'd mean one fewer box cluttering up a closet.

What did you all do with your old err.. literature?

Maybe I can take them to Half Price Books (store that buys and sells used books), and maybe get a whole nickel!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Target practice, talk to Low-Key Lowsmith about the effects of a 300 Winchester Mag round on a NWT Deluxe edition

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

You know, I've never used a firearm before. That'd certianly be something to use a gun for the first time on the Deluxe Edition of the NWT.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

All of my bound volume, bibles, Aid to Understanding, etc. went into the round file within the first few months after I made my exodus.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've kept mine, so far, for research purposes. About 10 years ago, I took a few of dupliate copies I had (I've got an extensive collection), and a rare book dealer specializing in religious books gave me about $150 for them.

S4

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Funny story, for the past few years our house has been plague with Gypsy moths. We had moved from an area that was infested to the point that we could only put traps out every week.

Eventually we moved and were annoyed that there were a few here and there that we killed on sight to prevent the spread. After over a year and a half at our new house they would still show up 1-3 at a time every few months. That meant that they still had a nest around.

Searching high and low, we couldn't find it.

Until I started posting here, I had to look up a scripture for reference and found my wife's NWT on the bookshelf. I took it out and discovered the nest of Gypsy moths that were breeding in her bible.

I removed all the books on the shelf and no others were affected. I went and told my wife that I found the moth nest in a book on our bookshelf. She panicked thinking they had destroyed one of her rare turn of the century first editions. Humorously she was very relieved that it was only her bible that was infested.

Thanks JWD for solving my Gypsy Moth issue!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Ive still got my bible.... just for pure arguments sake, should one come up.

I thinkI have a Knowlege book in the shed.... where it will probably stay...

Oooh sorry to get all 21st century on your ass but I have the Watchtower volumes on computer disc!

• mama1119
    mama1119

Took them to the curb.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    You know, I've never used a firearm before. That'd certianly be something to use a gun for the first time on the Deluxe Edition of the NWT.

You live in Texas and have never shot a firearm? I thought they were issued at birth there!

Here's the link for a thread where Low-Key posted is NWT pic

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ebay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit