Disrespect

by DJK 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I logged into this site today and the first topic I had opened was one by misanthropic regarding strange things we eat. I was appauled by the comment made by the first person to comment. I have a good deal of respect for men and twice that for the female gender. I am a male and I was embarrased that a male would make such a comment on a site like this. I hope all of the males on this site are more respectful, especially to the female gender.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I understand your point, but it looks like it came across as a compliment.

I think she would have said something if it was particulary out of turn.

Misanthropic is cool.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

more to the point, where are my manners?

welcome to the site!

PaulJ

• DJK
    DJK

Read on, she said something when she told HIM to hit the refresh button!!!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

He first reaction was lol (laugh out loud). Again she doesnt seem too bothered by it....

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings DJK,

It was a different avatar when he said that. I think he was joking around. Welcome to JWD.

I'm formerly from Mass too!

Dismembered

• Faded-out
    Faded-out

DJK,
    your right, it was, and 20 minutes prior to you starting this thread I posted a follow up apologizing for my comments.
    see below.

13:15 PM
    "LOL, OUTLAW. But, I don't scare that easily. Although I feel like a jerk.
    But, maybe I sould think before I post instead of putting my foot in my mouth. Yep, I'm a dumbass.
    Sorry Misanthropic, I meant no disrespect.
    Oh and to add to the post for real this time, when I was a kid I would crumble up saltine crackers and put milk and sugar on them for breakfast."
    I am a respectful person and again I am sorry if I offended anyone. That certianly was not my intent, I was trying to be funny/complimentary.
    I'm new to the forum and certainly don't want people to be mad at me already.

Faded-out (embarressed)

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

Jeebus, nothing like escaping the glorious counsel of the jovies only to come here and get it anyway, huh?

Faded, don't worry about it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh good lord! I went back and looked at the so-called offending remark...big whoop! Looks like a flirt, nothing more and rather tame at that. Seen worst here and I (being of the female sex) was not offended and by the looks of it the person who it was directed towards wasn't either. *rolls eyes* Josie

• DJK
    DJK

I knew a JW who escaped the murder charge of his wife, from a jury, based on his religion. The Judge, angry by their decision, told this man that it will be your god who knows the truth and shall punish you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit