My Journey-A Fledgling Relationship Goes Up In Smoke

by truthsetsonefree 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• 30girl
    30girl

That is so heart breaking, I can't imagine the drives with dramas and talks, oh wait, my parents played them for us too on trips. Just be honest with your dad, there's not other way. My heart goes out to you!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    I can't imagine the drives with dramas and talks, oh wait, my parents played them for us too on trips.

What???? No way! My goodness, its amazing when I think I had such a weird experience that it couldn't have happened to anyone else.....

tsof

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Junction-Guy, I didn't realize that I hadn't mentioned that he got reinstated. He came back so that could have meaningful contact with his granddaughter, my daughter, and then immediately went inactive. But somewhere inside of him he still believes in the organization. It kind of funny that he wants to talk to me about meeting attendance. he hardly goes himself.

tsof

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Maybe he's hoping you'd go with him sometime. You might have more to talk about together if you did, since you already take after him in so much of what you do.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

TSOF:~shakes head gently~

Only too sad, and a situation most of us can empathise with! So many wasted years.

In fact he was soon to die in 1975.

This comment threw me for a minute, but on re-reading I realise that you were writing of your attitude towards him back then in the prelude to the 1075 non-event, not that he had physically died.

Fred:Stop trolling!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that tsof, your story shows so well the problems created by the shunning policy in thousands of families around the world and how ruthless and unloving the WTS is towards its weaker members. Obviously they have a lot to answer for and they are no doubt destined for the lake of fire and sulphur.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I've found it challenging at first in finding things to talk about when reconnecting. Especially after spending decades engulfed in a culture of paralyzing criticism and judgment for every thought, emotion or action, it can be difficult to know how to share even the simplest joys of life. I've found though, if I look for them, they are there, and with a little patience and practise, ours for the sharing!

It sounds like you love your dad. And he you. Have you considered telling him what you've told us here? I think it might touch a dad to hear some of the things you expressed to us.

What would you tell your dad if you knew this was going to be your last chance to converse? (Cause, in all truth, we don't know what the future holds.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit