Getting Old, Didn't think it would happen to me.

by Undecided 23 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

I can not help growing OLDER, but I refuse to grow OLD.

• juni
    juni

becca1 said:

I can not help growing OLDER, but I refuse to grow OLD.

That's my motto also. Must be from the era we came from????

Juni

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ken..Find a sport you like and get involved..Golf,seniors fitness class..Something..Anything..It will help retard or reverse(to some point)the aging process..The New System isn`t coming,it`s up to you to take care of yourself.....You may not be able to pet lions,but you can always talk to blueberrys..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• mouthy
    mouthy

Getting Old, Well I am going on 80 & I will tell you the benifits of old age I walk with a limp- so many folks say "can I help ya ,love"? When we are in a big line up- people have said "You go sit over there love I will call you when I get to the front" Old age does bring out the kindness of others SOMETIMES!!! Of course it has its downsides,,, Like I cant go out at night cos in this area a few oldies have been robbed & because of age we cant defend ourselves.But the journey of life is ending "soon:" ( as long as my friends dont hide the bucket)& for thousands of years there is a promise of no pain no tears, no pain is sure a reason to keep looking to the future...So Thank God your still able to be around to help others. ...... I feel like I am "losing" it mentally. But I still get on here every day to see what MY FAMILY is up too.
    my two cents.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Ken)))

You're doing fine considering all the stress you've had over the past few months - it's not surprising it has all caught up with you. Keep that 'each day as it comes' outlook and try not to let the bad stuff drag you down. Like the others have said, keep yourself active, keep your mind active and take good care of yourself

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've been on drugs to treat high blood pressure since I was 40. I'm glad modern medicine has been able to treat it.

I want to get old. People who don't, are very quiet. I'm almost 63 and don't have any serious health problems. I don't do well on this frozen rock called Dakota in winter. It's cold but that's not the worst. The worst is the snow and ice. Here I can't plan to walk outside from November to April.

I hate the cold and the dark, and being house bound 5 months a year.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Ken, welcome to the "gettin' old ain't for sissies" club! It's a little easier to manage old(er) age when you're not a JW. It's pitiful to watch my elderly JW parents slowly coming to the realization that they're going to age and die like everyone else. The WTS has kept them hoping uselessly for eternal life for more than 40 years.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Either way, Im not gonna live forever on paradise on Earth

that is the difficult part to swallow...

what is old?
    To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am (Bernard Baruch) :)

a few other good quotes:

Soren Kierkegaard
    Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forewards.

At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think of us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all. (Bob Hope)

Maurice Chevalier
    Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

My dad is in his late 70s Every day his words ring more loudly. "Gettin old's a bitch"

• mouthy
    mouthy

"Gettin old's a bitch"

AMEN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit