Getting Old, Didn't think it would happen to me.

by Undecided 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Untill the last year I stayed 50 years old. Now it has finally hit me, I'm getting OLD. I never felt my age and could do about any thing without pain or feeling like my body couldn't take it. Now my back has gone bad, I wake up in the morning feeling old, my mind doesn't work like it did, my skin is beginning to age and it all has happened in the last year. It's making me feel depressed. Nobody thinks I look seventy one but I'm beginning to feel that old. I'm really fortunate to not have to take any medicine or have some health problem but it's comming soon I'm sure. I still enjoy living so I'll just take it and keep going as long as I can.

Ken P.

• Caine
    Caine

I am 30 and just now realizing that I will get old, or maybe not. Maybe ill die young. Either way, Im not gonna live forever on paradise on Earth.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    but it's comming soon I'm sure. I still enjoy living so I'll just take it and keep going as long as I can.

Born 1957 3rd gen JW I squandered my youth my prime my money my education everything for a bloodsucking cult. I "served Jehovah in my young manhod" only it wasn't for the true God but for a satanic watchtower cult. To quote the Japanese emperor upon surrender to the allies,"we must now endure the unendurable"Yes,the anguish and the agony,the sudden impact horror of having to renounce the life-long convictions of our hearts,it is devastating. Remember there is (a good) life after the Watchtower and all devout JW's WIll grow old and die too and NOT go to heaven (only 144,000 sez your leaders) Serenity melody; http://dannyhaszard.com/media/last.mp3 ''..if this was the last of all days''...

• greendawn
    greendawn

You've done well to reach that age without any major health problems. Who knows what you experience now may be temporary if you keep up some physical exercise and a good diet.

• mia_b
    mia_b

You've done well to be feeling 50 up to now! if you dont already (and you probably do to have felt so young) take up some gentle exercise like swimming.

And keep posting and using your brain!!!

It made me sad seeing my nan lose her capabilities but she was ok right up to 83, it was only the last 3 years that her mental capability went down, and i think that was because she couldn't see to read.

Here i am giving advice and im only 30! lmao

Im sure you know it all, and im sorry you are feeling your age. my dad feels older than he is - bad back, and my hubby too (he used to play rugby and has sports injuries). i get scared when i think of getting old and i have years left (hopefully)

its so sad that the WTS give people false hopes.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi Ken!

Yes, we are all getting old. I'm fifty myself, not as old as you but I can still empathize. You should consider yourself lucky (oops! Bad word!) to have enjoyed good health so far. I think what compounds the problem of getting older for people who used to be JW's is that we were never supposed to grow old in the first place. We were supposed to spend eternity frolicking with the lions in perfect youth, instead we simply grow older like everyone else.It's taken a while, but I've finally gotten out of that mindset.

Life was meant to enjoy, right here and now, not in some fairy tale "New Order"! So I'm enjoying it, and so should you!

CyrusThePersian

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

(((Ken)))

You've had more than your share of worries in the past few months.
    Maybe the way you are feeling now could be a delayed reaction to
    what you've been through.

Having said that, looking on the positive side, you have done remarkably
    well to have got to 70 without any real health problems. You still enjoy
    living, so keep on enjoying it. Maybe the things thet are bothering you
    nw will pass more quickly than they would for many men of your age,
    (and I gope they do), as you have always been so fit.

Take care, and don't worry, that can only make things worse.

dedpoet

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

As someone put it, age is the one sickness from which nobody is looking forward to recover...

As time goes by, the more I taste the grammatical eternity of the perfect tense -- what has been will have been forever. Had we perceived it earlier we wouldn't have looked for another -- but that too was part of the play I guess.

Autumn has its glory. Hope you will be able to enjoy it fully and long enough.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Do you have any kind of exercise routine? I personally work out at the gym at least three times a week for about an hour and a half each session. My back problems have gone away, and I feel years younger. About two weeks ago I missed about a week of exercise because of bad weather and other reasons. All of sudden I began to feel just like you describe. I'm almost your age and I'm going to keep up this routine as long as I can--I hope for years. I know death will defeat me some day but not without a hard fight. I hope you can too.

Bonnie

• Rooster
    Rooster

alt I am not getting old, sorry about your luck. alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit