I gave my roommate the letter about the Watchtower changes

by oppgirl63 27 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

What "Big News"? Did I miss something here?

Hubert

• jgnat
    jgnat

The "big news" is the new format of the Watchtower coming in 2008. One issue will be study articles only, intended for the internal audience, the next, for the public.

• bebu
    bebu

Ooooooooh.

That "big news". More like, "old news" now...

--Thanks!

bebu

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I was there when the letter was read in my KH tonight and actually the one dated the 1st of each month will be called the Public edition, and will be available to the public. The one dated the 15th of the month will be called the Study edition, and will be available to those who attend the meetings regularly. The Study edition will contain the Watchtower articles and other material of interest to those who attend regularly.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Up till now the language in the Study articles has been more explanatory (like what the JW word "pioneer" means), in keeping with the fact that the public have been receiving them. This change will allow these explanations to be removed. I think that the intention is to add incentives to regular meeting attendance, which should boost faith. The separating work is definitely underway.

• Fred E Hathaway
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586
    O.k,I havn't been around much. Computer problems AGAIN,someone post the links to these changes..purdy please?

Here is the topic in question. On page 2, you will find Elsewhere's pdf of the same file. The quality is nearly identical, so I would suggest getting the pdf.

The separating work is definitely underway.

Yes, the separating of "insider information" and "outsider information," part of the hallmarks of a cult.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Cult: a system of religious worship

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cult..A Religion that can`t remember they preached "Armageddon by 1975".....Cult..A Religion that Preached "The generation of 1914 will not pass away."....Cult..Jehovah`s Witness`s...OUTLAW

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

When the light gets brighter, it's easier to discern what a person's really looking at. And when it's quite dark out, as you get closer to the object, the mirage cuts out and reality clicks in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit